Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MACRONUTRIENTS AND MEAL PLANNING CONFUSION

Hey everyone! My name is Victoria and I just created a Myfitness pal in order to help me keep track of my Macronutrients. I calculated my BMR, TDEE, and MACROS but I am completely new to this. First of all please correct me if im wrong! I currently weigh 142 lbs but my goal is 120 lbs so when I did the calculations for my BMR, TDEE, and Macros I did it based on my goal weight of 120lbs. This is what I came up with: BMR 1,275 TDEE 1,785 Protein 120g Carbs 119g Fat 35g and the suggested Fiber 25g. So Now the confusing part, when I create a meal plan should it be based on my BMR Calories in order to loose weight or TDEE or somewhere in the middle? Based on my weight of 140lbs my BMR was 1,376.244 and my TDEE due to being currently BMRx1.4 "sedentry" 1,926.7423 so what do I do with all of this? First I need to figure out how many calories I need to intake to stick to my Macros? Please help I'm confused >.<

Replies

• jo7777777
    jo7777777 Posts: 30 Member
    You need to start with the TDEE of your present weight and take a % cut (depending on your body - 20% is usually recommended), and then calculate the target calories. The macro split is calculated from your target calories.