Any good deals on fitness tracking devices

Options
I have been thinking of getting a fit bit or something like it. I have a HRM but am looking for something that accurately tracks my steps (had cheesy pedometers that didn't work).

I have two questions:

1) is it work the $ to get one
2) if so where can I get the best deal / what should I get?

Thanks

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar Loop! I have it in purple, was able to adjust it to fit my wrist, and can wear it on either wrist. It is waterproof. Tracks steps, calories burned, alerts me when I have been sitting too long, tracks my sleep, and provides information when I sync it to the website. Plus, I can use it as a watch. I found it cheaper on Amazon than I did the local stores in my area. If your HRM is bluetooth capable you might be able to sync it to your loop. I don't know if it has to be a Polar HRM before it will sync to the loop. You can also download the Polar app and it will sync with your phone.

I had a Withings Pulse that I really liked, but I kept forgetting to take it off when I showered and ruined it.
  • ClairePear14
    Options
    I recently bought the polar loop! waiting to receive it but I love the sound of it and cant wait to start using it. I bought for £65 off eBay
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The best deal is to buy a second-hand activity tracker from a failed New Year's resolutioner (or from someone who got one as an unwanted gift).
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just bought a jawbone up24 on eBay for $55 they are normally 100 I would suggest eBay.