Crockpot Ideas

Options
awilliams0209
awilliams0209 Posts: 33 Member
I would love for everyone to share some healthy crock pot recipes! I love my crock pot for every meal!

Replies

• awilliams0209
    awilliams0209 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is putting a pork roast or chicken breast in the crockpot and sprinkling a packet of taco seasoning on it. Let it cook all day and then it shreds and makes the perfect topping for taco salad :)
  • tinynathan
    tinynathan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife makes a killer chicken taco soup which is rather healthy. Chicken,salsa,corn,black beans, kidney beans, pack of taco seasoning. Very tasty.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Search the threads. There are threads with hundreds of suggestions on this topic.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I got this one from this site - just place a whole, frozen chicken in the crockpot, add foil wrapped potatoes/sweet potatoes, cover and cook all day. So simple. It creates some juice that you can even use to make a gravy if you want. The potatoes end up perfect.
  • carriejones80
    Options
    I made my own amazing version of Italian Chicken Roast. I am not sure if this is a current recipe, but this is what I put in it: 6-8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast(sprinkled with Slap Ya Momma Seasoning(my FAVE), garlic powder, salt and peeper and italian seasoning), 1 bag of mini carrots, 4-6 peeled white potatoes and 1 bottle of low fat Italian Dressing. Cooked on low for 8 hrs....omg!! Even the boyfriend and the kids ate it up!!!!
  • carriejones80
    Options
    Forgot to put that I cut up a yellow onion to go in this as well...
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I need to use my crock pot more!
  • carriejones80
    Options
    I just made another great crockpot recipe that was a big hit with the family. I took deer meat and placed on the bottom of the crockpot; seasoned it with salt and pepper, slap ya momma, garlic powder. Added a can of Cream of mushroom, French onion soup, packet of gravy mix, and a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6. Served it over rice....delish!!
  • SunshineGoodVibes
    Options
    19d5zieetqojqjpg.jpg