Body Measuring

Options
Emmylou852
Emmylou852 Posts: 14
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I would like to take some measurements before my weight loss journey and throughout the year, measure from time to tim. What would you suggest to be the best and more accurate ways and places to measure.

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use a sewing tape measure and measure each arm and thigh, my waist, bust, and hips. It is best if the same person does the measuring each time to stay consistent in the measuring, as they could measure differently and cause it to look like you have gained inches when you haven't. Also, if you know someone that is a sewer they always seem to do a better job of taking accurate measurements. I usually measure once a month and definitely not during my period when I feel bloated.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I measure at the beginning of the month. I initially tried every week, then every 2, and then just made it once a month because the differences were so minuscule I wasn't sure if the changes were real or due to human error or not. A month space I find is enough time to allow enough change in my body to occur.

I measure bust (largest part), waist (smallest part), and hips (largest part), keeping the tape parallel to the floor.

I also measure my upper arms, forearms, thighs and calves. All at the largest part.
  • Emmylou852
    Options
    OK. Thanks!
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Measurements+Sheet.png

I only track my chest, waist, and hips with a $2 sewing measuring tape. I measure once a week, whether I lose weight or not.