Lowering Body Fat

Options
Hi All,

I'm trying to lower my body fat but I seem to need 150 g of carbs a day. My trainer says I should only consume 95. He also cut me back to 1400 calories which is tough while working out. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Replies

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    yup. do what suits you and is sustainable. so what if you lose body fat slowly...rather that then force something unnatural that will only backfire when you cave...eat more calories, more carbs..be patient
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Unless your trainer has a proper degree in nutrition I wouldn't being paying too much attention to him. Many only do a very light on course which is quite generic.

Ask about his qualifications with nutrition, ask him to show you the results from previous clients who have reduced carbs, ask him what do you substitute in lieu of the carb reduction.

Is 1400 calories net calories or inclusive of exercise?
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you have a calorie deficit and loosing weight then you will loose fat as well. In six weeks I have gone from 20% body fat to 17.6% with no particular concentration on carbs and protein intake etc, ive just made sure ive had a calorie deficit and kept up daily exercise.
  • hanymamdouh
    hanymamdouh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with DeeTee68, as you are working out, pay more attention to weight lifting (low reps / heavy weights) to fire your slow twitch muscle fibers, this will increase your muscle mass and increase demand of protein and power in order to build new tissues, reduce your carbs and increase your protein intake to substitute energy difference at least 1g of protein for 1lb of your weight, drink lot of water, and within 6 weeks you will see huge difference.

Wish you good luck
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you have 0 to lose. IF this is the case, where is this fat coming from? Also, are you lifting?
  • vhowru
    vhowru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am lifting weights. I have three pounds to lose due to the holidays
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    3 pounds? Go to the bathroom.
  • vhowru
    Options
    ha very funny. Seriously now its four eating donuts and ice cream I just need to watch my diet. But I also believe in everything in moderation.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Wait. First you said you want to lower body fat then you said you wanted to lose 3-4 pounds.

Which is it? Because they're not necessarily the same.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I lost about 70 pounds in 8 months, & Now I'm down to about 10 percent body fat. my personal opinion is that the overall calorie count is what matters the most, not necessarily whether it's carbs or not. They definitely matter but I don't necessarily think it needs to be dwelt on. it's more important that the calories you consume more and sugars or bad fats. the fact that you're conscious of it is the most important part. Keep up the great work!
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My body fat has been 15% (as a female), on and off, and I am the carb monster. It really isn't as important as some people would have you believe.
  • vhowru
    Options
    Thanks I'm now allowed to have 120 cars a day we'll see where this leads me