Would love long-time member support

Options
About five years ago, I dropped 60 of the 90 pounds I needed to lose.

Since then, I slowly gained back that plus a bonus 10.

My attitude the first time was very weight loss-driven. Cliched, but this time, really not focusing on weight loss, though it's a measure of success. I'm focused instead on changing the way I eat. Instead of saying, "I could be down 60 pounds by our vacation," I'm hoping to have good habits established by that time so vacation isn't a challenge. I know if I'm sticking to my calories, the weight will come off and serve as an indicator of whether I'm tracking effectively.

I re-started about a week ago. I had my first challenging day yesterday. But I got through it without derailing.

So, the tl;dr:

Would love support of people farther along than I. Especially men who have lost and maintained that loss.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi

There's a thread pinned in getting started for users looking for a mentor...lots of users have posted their resumes and you can pick one of them to PM

Looks like you have your head right this time round, good luck
  • AndyFromGeneva
    AndyFromGeneva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I reached out to one of the would-be mentors in the thread.
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good luck Andy. What you say is very true, it is a life long decision too eat well and not diet. Your post is well stated. Diets do work for short time and may give you the kick in the butt but if you don't change your overall habits, you wind back up where you were. And the older we get the harder it is for those quick diets to work because we can't burn the calories we used to.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I can tag along, but I can't say I've "lost and maintained that loss." In fact I'm back here as a New Years resolution, having enjoyed my holidays a bit too much.