starting over

Ugh! Trying to begin yet again. I know i need motivation and support. I dont have much to lose its just focussing and doing it! Any suggestions and support welcomed! Happy New Year everyone!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Set yourself reasonable goals which you know you can do, instead of something which is too much.
  • 115LV
    115LV Posts: 1
    Can I pick apart your post in the hopes that it might help?

First "Ugh!" Give yourself a break. You want to begin with positive energy and enthusiasm, not by seeing it as a chore or berating yourself for not being able to accomplish it in the past. For today's purposes, there is no past. There's just you and what you can do today.

"Trying to begin yet again." Don't try to begin. Begin! In a new way. Don't do what you know doesn't work and call it trying. Trying to begin is what people say who expect failure. Beginning is what people say who expect success.

"I know I need motivation and support." We can support you! That's what these boards are for! What is the motivation that made you post? Are you saying you need more? What keeps you from thinking you can succeed? What barriers or roadblocks are you facing? SOMEONE here has been through it before whatever it is. Post your specific barriers and roadblocks and you'll definitely get advice on how to bust through them.

"I don't have much to lose it's just focusing and doing it!" I think you've given it plenty of focus. It's the doing it now. If you don't have much to lose, devise a realistic plan (for which there is much guidance here) and get down to the business of doing. Don't give yourself any kind of time frame to accomplish it. Just follow the plan and don't let the daily fluctuations deter you. If the scale has been your emotional enemy due to daily fluctuations, even when dedicated to a good plan, do not weigh yourself every day. If it is the dedication that has been missing, you need to take some time to specifically identify why.

A very happy and successful new year to you! Good luck!
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Me too. It's hard to get motivated. Food isn't my biggest issue as I've learned to forgive myself, just not to do it too much. I also support the idea that you can't 'diet'. it won't last too long. You have to focus on how you will always want to eat going forward, changing 1 bad habit at a time. My goal last year was to not give in to cravings for the vending machine when I wanted something by either getting busy doing something as I probably wasn't hungry or if I was having a go to item - be it sweet or salty available that was a better choice. Won't say it'worked all the time, but most definitely most of the time. And by using MFP I became aware of what I was consuming. Now I think twice before I go for seconds or add a not so good choice. No one sees my entries, I'm alone but it does make me think twice. Good luck on your journey as it is yours and no one else's. My biggest issue is getting up and exercising, that is when I wish I had someone to be accountable to or exercise with. My dogs give me sad eyes but it's not enough to get me going. But it is a new year and I'm gonna try to get going - I think I can, I think I can - LOL