Wound you say I'm sedentary or light activity

Options
Dualstarr
Dualstarr Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
5 days a week I work as a home care nurse. I spend 80% of my time sitting on my butt in my car, 10% walking to patients homes, rooms or trying to find them, 5% climbing maybe a flight of stairs and 5% standing. This makes up about 4-5 hours of my day.

When I get home I am mostly sitting at a computer. I do live in a two story house and go up and down the stairs about 5-6 times per day?

Thoughts?

Replies

• ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would say sedentary
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Lightly active. I say that because hopefully you will then eat more. Might as well eat as much as you can that allows you to lose. If you log accurately but don't lose the number of pounds a week you want (give it a couple weeks) then change to sedentary.

55835802.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'd say lightly active.
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The best way to tell is to get a pedometer. If you consistently average under 5000, you should do sedentary.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'd set at sedentary and see how you go

Or you could get a pedometer ...Something like a fitbit will synch to mfp and adjust your calories accordingly
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    sedentary.
  • cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For the purposes of myfitnessplay, pick sedentary. That gives you a bit of margin as far as calorie counts go. If you have trouble meeting the calorie limits or if you start losing weight too fast then you can always bump it up.
  • GonnaDoThis43
    GonnaDoThis43 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm work out 5-6 days a week but still count myself as sedentary. It's best for the calorie count they give you to help you reach your goal; try to stick to the calorie count and not rely on extra activity to pick up any slack...that way it's an added bonus. :-) At first, I said I wanted to lose 1 pound a week and the site limited to me to 1200 calories. I know I won't succeed at that, so I switched to .5 pounds a week - that put me at a more acceptable 1350/day. And all the exercise is an added bonus that gets me to my goal closer. Good luck!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'd set it to sedentary.
  • Dualstarr
    Dualstarr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wore my fit bit for the past 3 days and I get in about 7,000 sets am day...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Dualstarr wrote: »
    I wore my fit bit for the past 3 days and I get in about 7,000 sets am day...

Then you should have MFP set to lightly active. 7000 steps is definitely not sedentary.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lightly active.
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would say sedentary unless you do a workout 2 to 3 times a week in which case it's lightly active
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    zombie thread.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    chele402 wrote: »
    The best way to tell is to get a pedometer. If you consistently average under 5000, you should do sedentary.

great advice