How much can I lose?

Options
Hey guys, I'm going on a cruise in March and I just had a simple question. I weigh 165 pounds right now, and I was wondering how much could I lose (healthily) in that time? Assuming I stay within my goal of 1200 calories and work out fairly regularly.

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You could probably eat more and still lose 1 pound a week. March is 9 weeks away, so that's 9 lbs, 18lbs if you manage to lose 2 a week.

Look up your tdee on scooby, you'll be surprised at how more you can eat and actually feel satisfied and still be able to lose.

I'm 5'2 and can eat almost 1900 calories a day, working out 4 days a week and I'm down 40 in 6 months.
  • jca12345
    jca12345 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    1200 may be too low, in addition to working out too! What is your height etc...
    Aim for 1lb a week for nice steady weight loss
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Losing healthily will involve having a realistic goal for weight loss. Your profile says you are 19 years old and 5'6", which means that 1200 is far too low for you in general, especially if you are also exercising.

A realistic goal would be setting MFP for no more than 1 lb per week loss, and eating back 50-75% of your exercise calories. Also, based on what you say in your profile, I would recommend making sure you have a good support system in place as you've mentioned having a love/hate relationship with MFP.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How old are you? When I was 165 trying to get down to 145, I could really only lose 1/2 lb a week in a healthy manner. (And I ate more than 1200 calories as that's VERY low)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Beginning or ending of March? Initially, its not uncommon to lose 3-6 pounds of water, then about a pound a week. So 15-20 pounds depending on when in March you're leaving.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is a good rate for your size. You may lose a bit more the first couple weeks.