Ongoing mission

Options
I have been doing MFP off and on for several years, with good success when I stick with it. But I , like many others, get in patches where I just want to say to hell with it and eat as much and what I want (also I "closet" eat, when wife goes to sleep I go to food). The good news is that this past year I have lost 17 lbs and kept it off, but I have about another 15 to first goal weight. Any words of advice for veteran of MFP but still needing support?

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there, you have already made fantastic progress and you will have gained the knowledge of the things that work for you and the things that don't in the meantime!
    You have recognized your eating habit and that is the first step on the way to changing it and switching for more health friendly habits, you can do it!

Have you tried maybe grabbing for some fruit when you would otherwise reach for something else? Making small but gradual changes is the way forward for changing habits and don't get yourself down if you don't immediately change how you do things(Rome wasn't built overnight). You have made great progress, keep it up and make 2015 your year!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WTG on 17 pounds! You just keep doing what your doing, you've got this!