JUICING?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has a low-cal, fat burning recipe for a kale smoothie? I normally just use 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, about 6 cubes of pineapple & a handful of kale. However, all the natural sugars do not seem so nutritious once I thought about it.

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Foods don't burn fat. Eating at a calorie deficit and exercising does.

Also, if there's no medical reason to limit sugar, don't worry about the fruit you're using. Fruit is good for you.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think you should toss out the juicing books that claim certain combinations burn fat and stick to calorie counting. All those natural sugars give you fuel!

So, as long as you weigh your ingredients accurately and do the weird fiber math, whatever combination tastes good and fits in your calories will help you "burn fat."
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Use the whole fruit and vegetables, not just the juice. And follow what the folks above me said.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Adding juice to your diet is fine. Using juicing as a diet to lose weight isn't the best way to optimally do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • squatsanddeadlift
    squatsanddeadlift Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Adding juice to your diet is fine. Using juicing as a diet to lose weight isn't the best way to optimally do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I agree with this, juicing is actually good (especially if its just veggies) if you use it as your main "diet" you are in trouble!
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    there is a difference between smoothies and juicing. smoothies add the whole produce and adds liquid (usually water). juicing takes the produce and removes the water (and water soluble chemicals) out of it, leaving the fibre behind.

to which are you referring?

in any case, juices and smoothies would be a healthy part of the diet if the rest of your diet complements it. if you're drinking a lot of fruit juice, it'll up your blood sugar - eating plenty of protein, fibre, and fat will blunt this effect. try to do all-veg or almost all-veg juices if you're juicing.