http://m.bowflexmaxtrainer.com/img/bowflexmaxtrainer-why-burn.png

What do you think. I want to get an machine.to work out on. What are. People.using. I feel that this would be a good fit. Looking.for insight.:

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    600 calories or more in 30 minutes? sounds suspicious and misleading. I don't like being misled.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    Overpriced elliptical. A treadmill at incline with no hanging on could get similar results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    600 calories or more in 30 minutes? sounds suspicious and misleading. I don't like being misled.

Agreed. It's unlikely a person would burn 600+ calories in 30 minutes on that machine.
  • ethibault1978
    ethibault1978 Posts: 17 Member
    I've been walking twice a day with the kids and then with just the dog. But it is getting to cold. It was only 22 degrees today for a high. I hate being cold, i don't want to lose my motivation. So come on people ideas. Will spend up to $1000. Keep in mind i've had a few surgical procedures on my stomach. I had ovarian cancer, had a everything on the left side removed, then 3 months later my right overy flipped and my appendix burst.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    We just bought one, IT should be delivered in the next few days. I can't wait to get it. We hae a treadmill, however it takes up way too much room, this is only 2.5 x 3.5 feet needed. I like running and have a treadmill but it's starting to be hard on my knees as i get holder. I never heard the 600 calories or more in 30 minutes part of it. I just like the fact it's only 14 mins. day as i never have time to workout anymore and this is much easier to fit into my day then a 25 min. drive one way to the gym working out for an hour and then the drive home. I just don't have 2 hours to spare in a day anymore.
  • ethibault1978
    ethibault1978 Posts: 17 Member
    Mom_To_5 wrote: »
    We just bought one, IT should be delivered in the next few days. I can't wait to get it. We hae a treadmill, however it takes up way too much room, this is only 2.5 x 3.5 feet needed. I like running and have a treadmill but it's starting to be hard on my knees as i get holder. I never heard the 600 calories or more in 30 minutes part of it. I just like the fact it's only 14 mins. day as i never have time to workout anymore and this is much easier to fit into my day then a 25 min. drive one way to the gym working out for an hour and then the drive home. I just don't have 2 hours to spare in a day anymore.

Let me know how you like it
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    I prefer the treadmill. It seems more "real" to me than equipment like this that is made to be fancy, but just seems silly. I like that when I'm running on a treadmill, I am sort of training to run an actual race. Depends on what you like though. A cardio workout is basically achievable on any of these machines.
  • Aviva92
    Mom_To_5 wrote: »

I don't know what you mean by "only 14 minutes". You can do 14 minutes on a treadmill or any other cardio machine. There isn't some limit.