extreme hunger

Options
13»

Replies

• PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    ctgirl1973 wrote: »
    It could be that your eating too many carbs. When you eat a carbohydrate, you raise your blood sugar levels, they fill you fast but then drop drastically causing you to crash and be more hungry, a feeling of depletion. Your body wants more to satisfy the drop. High carb meals cause you to be hungry right away also. Try to eat more protein and veggies. Stay away from carbs and hidden carbs. You will not be near as hungry.

Thanks for this! I think I definitely need to at least eat some protein and fat with any type of grain I have.
  • lippygidg
    lippygidg Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Usually its a mind set meaning your mind is thinking of the things "We can't have" making you think you are hungry. But when you really are hungry, one of my favorite "Go To" snack is a sliced up apple with melted peanut butter drizzled over it. It satisfies a lot of cravings .. sweet, crunch, protein. If I go over calories because of an apple so be it. I still did good!
    If this is happening often break up your meals to include snacks throughout the day. Or bulk your meals up with extra veggies.
    And with all that said ... TRACK YOU FOOD!!
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    lippygidg wrote: »
    Usually its a mind set meaning your mind is thinking of the things "We can't have" making you think you are hungry. But when you really are hungry, one of my favorite "Go To" snack is a sliced up apple with melted peanut butter drizzled over it. It satisfies a lot of cravings .. sweet, crunch, protein. If I go over calories because of an apple so be it. I still did good!
    If this is happening often break up your meals to include snacks throughout the day. Or bulk your meals up with extra veggies.
    And with all that said ... TRACK YOU FOOD!!

Thanks so much! I'm definitely going to try melted peanut butter over my apple instead of regular pb!