Can someone help me calculate this.. please :)

Connie68
Connie68 Posts: 18
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I weigh 173, I was on the treadmill for 68 mins, the program I did has a 4 min warm up and a 4 min cool down.
after the warm up, the walking levels go something like this:

walking 3.5 incline 5
walking 3.7 incline 3
walking 3.5 incline 5
walking 3.7 incline 3

I did this this for 60 mins. I did a similar program with no incline and burned about 250 calories at the YMCA last week. Since I added the incline I'm assuming it's more, but I can't figure out how to calculate the calories burned. The calories on my treadmill are never correct because the heart rate is never correct, I do use a heart rate monitor and the heart rate is always off by about 45 beats!. I normally work out at the YMCA but because of time restraints I worked out at home today. Does any have an exercise site that they normally use?
Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    There is an option on here under exercise that is walking at 3.5mph uphill so I would just figure out how much of a difference it is for the uphill cals burned compared to the flat surface and go from there. It isn't going to be an exact amt but I think it's as close as you can get.
  • Connie68
    Connie68 Posts: 18
    That worked perfectly, thank you! I checked the exercise listing and must have not even seen that one! I appreciate your "making" me see it!
This discussion has been closed.