Cycling Challenge 2015 January Bike Biking Bicycle Trainer Stationary

As Per Our Fearless Leader, CricketKate:
Welcome to our December Cycling Thread. If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, We welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, We welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bike. Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? So you ride weekends? Do you spin, at home or the gym? Or, are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid? However you choose to push your pedal, you are welcome on this thread.

I am a fairly casual person and, as such, have created a fairly casual thread. There are no rules to how or what you post. My only request is that you be kind. You may post miles, minutes, # of rides, what the scenery looks like, anything. Whatever will motivate you to get on your bike.

Please know that everyone who posts is welcome and encouraged, whether you’re riding a 100 miler on the weekend or just riding around the neighborhood.

Replies

• sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    I'm in for January but not setting a mileage goal since I don't like riding indoors and am chronically ill so I don't ride in the cold weather. I'm hanging right at my goal weight so I'm good with only going a few miles this month again.

Come on. Join us.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    It looks like things have divided up. Here is the link to another thread.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10040191/cycling-challenge-january-2015-biking-bike-bicycle#latest

• coxfamilytexas
    coxfamilytexas Posts: 2 Member
    I am new to bicycling and myfitnesspal. I broke both feet and am in walking casts. I bought a dual bike/eliptical for Christmas as it has big enough pedals for my casts to fit with ease. Today I have ridden 4.25 miles so far, and hope to do a little more before bed. I am very obese, over 300 lbs, and am having trouble with my rear end hurting while biking, welcome any and all suggestions :). However I am excited to have found an exercise I can still do while not able to walk! My goal for January is 100 miles, I think that's a good start. I am hoping to be an inspiration to my husband and children. Happy New Year to everyone and good luck!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Hoping to get cleared to be back on my bike after seeing my orthopedist on the 8th. I broke my leg last October and he said not to go back out until it had been at least 3 months.
  • swanie12
    swanie12 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi....I cant ride a regular bike because of a back injury but I jusrt got a stationary bike and I would like to join this group
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    It looks like things have divided up. Here is the link to another thread.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10040191/cycling-challenge-january-2015-biking-bike-bicycle#latest

Ah. There wasn't a link to it in the December thread - unless I somehow missed it. Let's all go over there!