First Day

Options
New Year's Resolution: To lose 70 pounds over the next year!

My name is Amanda, I'm 25 and have an 8 year old son. I don't work, and I am in serious need of loosing weight. I am at my highest weight and I need to change NOW!

Replies

• kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda. Good luck on your journey! Friend request sent
  • Amanda682015
    Amanda682015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Very much appreciated!
  • RaeC42
    RaeC42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also sending you a friend request. Currently I want to lose 50, but once I get to that goal, I plan to reassess and see if another 20 or 25 seems possible!
  • Amanda682015
    Options
    RaeC42 I am definitely wanting to lose the 60 lbs, and from there I want to do some serious toning which I will likely lose weight after that, but I don't care about the weight after that - I will be 150 (after losing 60 lbs) - pre-pregnancy weight but I want to get fit, toned, and definitely healthy as possible! :)
  • RaeC42
    RaeC42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh to be toned again! In my head, when I think about getting back in shape, I see myself at about 16. I weighed 125, I played basketball and ran cross country. I had nothing that "jiggled"! I think I am going to need to get past that image and reconcile with the fact I have a 40 year old body that I haven't taken the best care of. I'm thinking the more realistic my expectations the better! :smiley:
  • Amanda682015
    Options
    I'm only 25. Lol. But you can time up as well. Just need to work at it :) it doesn't take much. Just lift lighter weights more reps :)