Delusions and results when to know the difference?

Options
Hey,

So my weight for the passed month of working out has been the same (more or less with a kg fluctuation here and there) and my measurements are pretty much the same as well.... Well a cm down in the odd area here and there, but nothing radical to say yes I'm getting results.

Now, even though there isn't a big difference in my measurements or weight I feel that there
is a big difference in appearance... I still have a lot of weight to lose, but yet I feel as if I'm getting really "toned"... My arms appear slimmer when I work out and when I do certain exercises I'm surprised to see "ab definition". I'm starting to feel the bump on my quads from all the squats. I see changes in different areas, but since I'm still chubby I dismiss it as it can't be "muscle".

I don't think I'm making myself quite clear, but I just want to know how do you guys decide if you being delusional or not when it comes to seeing results? especially if all the usual methods
of determing progress aren't showing the results you can visually see?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that whether it is a delusion or not, if it is encouraging you along the way, it's all good. You could try to track a few body measurements such as hip, waist, thigh size, etc. if you want something more concrete. I track a bunch of body measurements and put them in a spreadsheet where I calculate my bodyfat using all of the methods in the article below. It's not foolproof accurate but it gives me the relative changes so I can see progress.

http://strengthunbound.com/measure-body-fat-easily-accurately-home/
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If you're lifting heavier week to week then you will see results, whether on the scale or in definition.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Take photos & measurements.