Hey Folks :)

Options
So this time I mean it when I say I am going to lose the flab. Like really, really mean it this time. No, seriously!

Yeah, it's that time of year again. THe time of year when I say "this is it! I'm going to get skinny" and I try really hard for 3 days and then I reach for a cookie. And well if you give a fat chick a cookie well....you get the idea.

Only this time really is different. See my teenaged son has followed in my footsteps and now has a lot of weight to lose and his bloodwork at the dr came back screwy so it is really important that he lose it. And I refuse to be a hypocritical parent AND it is my damned fault he is facing that because I failed to model proper diet and exercise. So here I am ready to lose the 100lbs I need to so I can teach my children the right way to live and not be a cautionary tale anymore and so I can fully support my son through the weight loss he needs to do. 2nd best motivation after that is that I reserved beds on a sail boat for april 2016 for a 1 week excursion with my 3 oldest kids and I plan to look awesome in those pictures rather than hiding from the camera.

So here I am, did my first day of logging food and exercise and apparently I need to go for another walk tonight :blush: Hoping to find encouragement and support through the community here and keep on this path to healthy even when I would rather sit and eat a cookie.

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    You've got some pretty compelling reasons to lose weight. Being a good role model for our children is terribly important. I glanced at your profile. Working 3 jobs, taking college classes, and being a single parent is hard work. Being no stranger to hard work works in your favor because losing weight is hard work (though very worth it).

My advice is to take it slow, spend $20 on a digital food scale (here's why: www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY), and settle in for the long haul. Be patient, persistent, login everyday and track your food accurately. Shoot for a modest calorie deficit.

This is a great guide:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

You can do this! Best Wishes and welcome to MFP!

9566339.png
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    What a great example you'll be setting for your children :) Welcome to the site!