Documenting weight loss journey??

Options
Hey everyone!! I feel silly making a discussion for this, but I decided that enough is enough and 2015 is the year that I am going to keep to my goals. I know I personally have said this probably every year but, i'm not kidding!! Haha... to show how serious about my health and wellbeing I am I decided to make a youtube channel to track my progress. And I'm really trying to not be that "subscribe to me! like my stuff! love meeeee!!!" person, but I just wanted to let people know that there is a channel out there for people who tend to get down on themselves and have a hard time staying motivated, because that's me too. Depending on how everything goes, i'll upload a couple times a week (Weigh-in wednesday for sure, which is you guessed it, me weighing in haha and doing measurements) and whatever else i feel i need to do to keep me accountable! So if this is something you think you could get in to, just know it's out there. =)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBsxWleUOdAdGqy20Cu3qLQ

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I think that is a great idea.. Go you!!!

I'll definitely be sure to check it out!

Keep up that awesome determination and I know you will do well!!

• Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks Adam!! =)
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think that's a great goal...as someone who writes about her weight loss journey, I give this advice: Don't forget to make videos about the highs and the lows. When I started, I didn't want to admit when I gained weight or binged or whatever, but being totally honest about what it's really like to lose weight not only helps pull in more subscribers but it helps ensure that you keep to your upload schedule. Good luck!
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'm like you and have always said "this is my year!" but never stick to it. This is definitely a way to put yourself out there and keep yourself accountable. I may have to try this too :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    alrighty
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    sherambler; thanks for the advice! =)

ereilly: I think you should go for it!! =) It can only help, right??
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My only problem is I hate seeing myself on camera lol. I don't mind pictures but videos really get to me for some reason haha.

So what do you do, take a video with your phone and then upload it to youtube?
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    Pretty much, yep!! Haha and I'm the same way! But I dont really watch them after I upload, so i dont have to see it ha =P