Rewards for weight loss

Options
Hey everyone just wanting to see if anyone rewards themselves after a certain amount of weight loss? I'm going to start doing it. Here are my rewards:
5lbs-fresh flowers
10lbs-nail polish
15lbs-new book
20lbs-pedi
30lbs-new workout clothes
40lbs-new workout shoes
50lbs-spa day
60lbs-more ammo

Please share!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself recently with a huge wardrobe overhaul. I'm close to my goal, so I can go all out and replace everything that no longer fits now. It was a great reward!
  • housenoob
    housenoob Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks for inspiring me! here is my list based off yours
    2 pounds vegetable recipes
    5pounds clothing hangers
    6 pounds ab work out videos
    7 pounds return sports bra
    10 pounds get gym membership
    12 pounds new laundry basket
    15 pounds watch the 100
    16 pounds new smoothie recipes
    Thanks!
  • 221shannon
    221shannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5- new nail polish
    10- face mask from sephora
    15- new workout outfit
    20- sheet music
    25- really nice date night with my girlfriend

That's all I have for now but I'm looking to lose around 100 lbs so i'll have more later.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    For me, the weight loss is the reward. Every mini-goal reached is just on to the next mini-goal...even before I hit it, I'm already thinking about the next mini and the next big one.

Sometimes, I buy new clothes. I just bought some tops in size L, so that was a huge reward, walking around in something that has no X on the label. Very big day for me, :)

Other stuff wouldn't count. I don't actually have to lose the weight to buy it, so it doesn't really motivate me like getting into the next size down or seeing the scale numbers.

When I'm all done, I'm buying a ton of clothes!!!
  • ffwife921
    ffwife921 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your right weight loss is a reward. The biggest. I totally understand the size. Was there once I will get there again.

Lice your rewards ladies!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My rewards have been lack of need for asthma medication; no more panic attacks; shocking my son by beating him in an arm wrestle; still losing to him in a push-up race but doing them anyway; piggy-backing my daughter; compliments and shocked looks; not being invisible; pencil skirts and size 10-12 (US 6-8) clothes
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    for me, every single lb lost means I will find clothes in my closet that i haven't worn for a while (some for years), either because they didn't fit, or they didn't look right. So I won't even be spending any money, and have a LOT of new clothes :)
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This has been a tough one for me, I have a ton of clothes, so I don't need anymore. Some are still brand new with tags. Fitting into them would be a reward, I guess. I do all the spa type stuff at home, and make all my own masks and sutff...I do like the ammo idea..maybe goal weight might have to be a new gun. I am gonna have to keep looking for ideas.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    7kgs - style haircut

10kgs - new workout jacket

15kgs - extended edition of the Hobbit movies

20kgs - new hard guards for my skates

25kgs - a set of creams from Victoria's Secret

30kgs - makeup lesson at a proper makeup store

35kgs - really nice bras

40kgs - a custom-made skating dress
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    No I don't reward myself. There's nothing wrong with that though. I wouldn't mind getting my boobs fixed up when I reach goal. Or maybe a new handbag. Or both.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I talked my husband into going with me to see Bizet's opera "The Pearl Fishers" in Feb.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    155 fitbit (I've been wanting one for a while and just reached my goal!)
    153 swimming for a day
    150 1 night trip but thinking about putting it towards a longer vacation
    From that I will have to think.
    Also I have a goal to run a 5k at the end of Jan.
    And when I fly back home to the US in Feb lots and lots of cloths shopping. I will probably bring 2 near empty suitcases and fill them up :)
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!!! I did have a list of rewards for myself. Its been awhile that ive looked at it!
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For every 1lb i lose i'm putting aside £2 in a jar, topping it up with £10 at each 1/2 stone and when i get to my goal, I'm going to add an extra £100 and treat myself to a whole new bunch of new clothes for my new shape. I can't wait!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I just bought a fitbook and you're supposed to write down your reward for end and for each week. I was going crazy trying to think rewards because if I want something I'll just get it. And if I don't reach my goal I'm not supposed to get it? Eh.... can't get motivated by that. You all have some really great ideas though!

I did write a reward for this week - 1/2 of the Godiva Salted Caramel bar that my son got me for Christmas - gotta earn my chocolate. I probably have enough chocolate to last me for the entire 12 weeks, but food seems like a bad reward for weight loss! LOL!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I was going to, but weight loss is enough. Making progress puts me closer to target and that means closer to getting to maintenance, which will be nice. Rewards are very popular though, just make it meaningful.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My therapist suggested allocating rewards not for pounds lost but for hitting weekly or monthly targets that focused more on building that habits that would lead to losing the weight, like exercising 4 times a week, hitting 100 miles biked, staying within my calorie range 20 out of 30 days. It seemed to work better for me. I know the pounds lost works better for others.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My next goal is to lose about 8 pounds, I will get a pedi then, after that goal is 150, not sure about the reward yet but after gaining consistently since last summer, I will enjoy whatever I decide it will be. Rewards can be for pounds lost, inches lost, goals achieved such as drinking enough water every day for a week (or longer), exercise goals etc...don't always focus on the scale.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    When I lose this last 19 pounds (bringing me to a total of loss of 85 pounds), I'll be getting my first tattoo. I cannot wait.

I haven't done small rewards - all the changes in my body have been very, very satisfying. But if they work for you - awesome!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 25 pounds I got another tattoo. When I switch to maintaining I may get another tattoo and a new wardrobe. :)