High protein diet-fiit chick

Options
Is there anyone out there doing the fiit chick diet? I did it a while ago and saw some great results I think I lost a kilo a week but I got a little board eating the same foods I am deffinetly going to mix it up this time with a few of their clean eating recipes. What has your success been? What other clean eating high protein diets have you tried?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there doing the fiit chick diet? I did it a while ago and saw some great results I think I lost a kilo a week but I got a little board eating the same foods I am deffinetly going to mix it up this time with a few of their clean eating recipes. What has your success been? What other clean eating high protein diets have you tried?

None. I use CICO.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I eat a high protein diet (I aim for 100 g a day), but it's all foods I like, not someone else's plan, and I'm a vegetarian. I ate this way before I came on this site to lose weight, I just ate too much of the food I was eating. Now I eat proper portions and move more. It works.
  • MummaBear14
    Options
    What is CICO?
  • MummaBear14
    Options
    I am using the plan until I get back into the swing of things. Do you still count your calories?
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    How does this work? :) I am currently just doing CICO, moving around a whole lot more, and it's working well for me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What is CICO?

Calories In, Calories Out.

my kids have always called me mumma bear, rarely just "mum" :D
  • MummaBear14
    Options
    CISCO is just not working for me it is leaving me too tied the high protein diet helps you to feel fuller so your not so hungry and it gives me all the energy I need. The guts of it is you eat clean but with just a high protein portion. Protein is used to assist in muscle building the more muscle the quicker you burn fat. I just bought the app for $2.50 which came with a 7 day meal plan recipes and a few extra things it is just an intro to there product I don't feel I need anything more. I do follow one rule I don't eat items that I can not pronounce or understand the ingredients on the labels.

You will eat eggs, raw nuts, lean meats and heaps of veggies you just need to watch your portion size I stick to 150g-200g for meat.

You can always find heaps of clean eating recipes online.

Today's meal plan looked like this

Breakfast: 1 poached egg w/ giant mushroom and 1 slice of smoked ham.

Snack: Small fruit salad

Lunch: Kangaroo steak w/ 1 large Zuccini and 2 cups of broccoli.

Snack: Handful of raw almonds and a protein shake

Dinner: Rump steak w/ sweet potatoe and 1cup of broccoli.

I might go a little lighter on the broccoli I got too bloated and gassy.

Clean eating in general has been proven to have huge success in dieting and weight loss and it is lifetime manageable. I find it easier because I don't eat a lot of package products I am allergic to chocolate and gluten, and I easily get addicted to sugar. I gained my weight because I didn't have time to eat but once I gave up bf and started getting some sleep I had more time to eat and my body had gone into starvation mode so everything I ate turned to fat and for reserve incase I began to starve again.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

And then what happened?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    CICO is not a diet. It's a scientific fact. If you're losing weight with a high protein diet then that is because it's making you feel more full, therefore you're eating less, therefore less calories in than calories out. If you eat too many calories, no matter how 'clean' the food is or how much protein is in it, you won't lose. I recommend counting calories and sticking to high protein if that's what works for you.