Office Work

Options
Shelleo71
Shelleo71 Posts: 38 Member
Under exercise there is a category called Office Work. It calculates based on the # of minutes spent doing this. While, no it's not cardio or weights "real exercise" it's still listed. Do you count it??

Replies

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    ONLY if you chose sedentary as your activity level.

Personally, I would just bump up your activity level to Lightly Active and NOT count daily activities - you know, shopping, cooking, cleaning, working, etc. JUST count actual EXERCISE.
  • waynefc22
    waynefc22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My office work is going to get a coffee a few times a day, your resting metabolic rate is when you are not active. This is already included in your allowed calories. You could try walking up the stairs instead of using a lift, or ensuring you get regular fresh air breaks and use them to go for a 5 minute walk. Every little helps.
  • Shelleo71
    Shelleo71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I was thinking the same as you both also, but figured I should ask. :)
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    just my 2 cents, but if I don't feel my heart rate go up, I don't count it!
  • mawkishstoic
    mawkishstoic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No I don't count it. While my office work involves running up and down stairs a couple dozen times a day, I don't ever want to overestimate the calories I'm burning. I want to handicap my logging in favour of success. I want to err on the side of caution.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    No, you don't count it. And, if you are like me and you have a desk job, your activity level should be sedentary.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    it's like counting your sleeping calories. even if you're using up NEAT calories, i wouldn't log it.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't count it because then I feel like I'm cheating myself. I do count when I get up at my desk and do jumping jacks. :D