Looking to shred a few pounds?

LunaB123
LunaB123 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
Anyone put on s few over the festive season and trying to get back on track?

Replies

• doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    I am in a similar situation. I'm simply continuing on my normal path until "it" happens. after that, i will continue to workout as I have been until the doctor tells me no. As long as you were working out, lifting weights or running before pregnancy you should be able to continue once you become pregnant. Now, it would probably not be a good idea to take up weight lifting or running AFTER you have conceived. At least this is what I have been told in the past. If seeing the pregnant woman at the gym kick *kitten* every day up until her delivery was any indication of truth in this, I would say I agree. I wish I had known this when I was lifting weights in HS and became pregnant. i would be in such better shape now but I dropped the class because I thought it would be dangerous. I should have listened to my coach who tried to get me to stay telling me there was no harm to the baby unless i dropped weights on my belly. Live and learn. Good luck TTC.
  • LunaB123
    LunaB123 Posts: 5 Member
    They're my thoughts exactly.
    All my internet research suggests it's pretty safe to continue with weights and running but exercises should be modified slightly when entering 2nd trimester - not standing when spinning etc.
    Trying to put my thoughts back onto staying fit rather than obsessing over TTC (difficult?!). Only been s few weeks but I've found it's easy to get carried away quickly!! How are you getting on with it all?