Nutribullet

Options
My boyfriend purchased a Nutribullet several days ago and we are going to try it oit tomorrow. Because of a hea y workload, stress, etc, my diet has been somewhat lacking in fruits and vegetables lately zo although I intend to Inc operate these back in my diet, the Bullet can be an extra boost. I'd be grateful if people could sgare their delicious recipes to try out :)

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Please excuse typos, keypAd on pgone goesnt seem to be working properly!
  • sylviebea123
    sylviebea123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I like to put some kale and spinach in it, a banana and some frozen blueberries and dark cherries then a little milk so it's not really thick. Love it. Carrots and apples work well in the nutri bullet too. Throw some ice in to make your smoothies even better. Just experiment! I try to use veg and low calorie fruits so that the smoothie isn't as calorific as a cake. There are loads of ideas on pinterest too. Fat free yogurt is a nice addition if you like creamy things. Limit things that have a really strong flavour like parsley unless you're really into it, (I'm not!). Enjoy! If you use the smaller cup you can't fit loads and loads in it but it certainly makes enough to be satisfying.
  • lisastring1
    lisastring1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I bought a Nutribullet about 3 weeks ago and love it. I've been experimenting with lots of recipes and making tweaks. A few suggestions that work well are to put some mix of veggies and fruit or other ingredients in each smoothie and blend in steps (greens, liquids, and things that need more time-like nuts-first, frozen fruits, veggies, ice last). I really like cauliflower for its mild flavor (you really can't taste it) and for keeping the smoothie color appetizing (based on what else you put in). Green smoothies are good too, but sometimes it's nice to have a smoothie that looks fruity.

Also, avocados make deliciously creamy smoothies and also have a taste that is easily masked. I made the best chocolate smoothie with 1/2 of an avocado, cauliflower, cacao nibs, cocoa, coconut milk, and 1/3 of a banana. Greek yogurt is also good for creaminess and protein.

Lastly, I discovered date paste which has made smoothies really delicious. I found several recipes online to make it using pitted dates and keep it in the fridge. I add 1-2 tbsp to my smoothies and it sweetens wonderfully. Dates also have fiber and don't spike your blood sugar like some other sweeteners can.

So far I've lost 8 lbs having 1-2 smoothies per day and look forward to testing more recipes. Everything you make won't always taste good, so just write down what you put in and make adjustments. I tried a recipe for strawberries and beets that I didn't like and now know that I need to use fewer beets for my palette. Similarly, I tried parsnips and mango and it was delicious, but parsnips and bananas were not! Be willing to experiment.