Accomplishments in 2014

Options
njitaliana
njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
I ended 2014 weighing 51 pounds less than when the year started.

And thanks to 10 months of physical therapy, I am physically stronger than I was when the year started. I can use an elliptical, a treadmill, a recumbent bike, a Total Gym, weights (up to 10 lbs) and resistance bands. I can do planks, bridges, squats, lunges and lots more.

As soon as it stays lighter longer, I hope to walk each night after dinner as far as I can. That might not be too far. But, it's still good considering that I've had to use a wheelchair for almost 26 years.

I'm 60 years old, disabled and terribly deconditioned from various injuries and illnesses, so if I can do this, anyone can! Don't give up!!! You can do it!

Replies

• gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    awesome job! keep up the great work! you should be very proud of yourself!
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. You didn't let your disability stop you from being a better you. Wish we all could stop making excuses and be as motivated. I know you are proud of yourself as you should be. I feel motivated just from reading this post. Thanks and keep on keeping on
    Grandma Jojo
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You must feel a million bucks :) Thanks for sharing. Fantastic job
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That is truly amazing-terrific job!! Thank you for sharing--you are a superstar!! (*)
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I read your story, and said, out loud, "wOw!" I am so pleased for you, that is a fantastic accomplishment! Thank God! I'll bet your doctor talks about your work and progress all the time. It's amazing!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow! How amazing of you! This is brilliant!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!