100 calorie snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• gabsc1980
    Options
    Brownie mix & diet coke? What does that turn out like?! Sounds wrong but intriguing....

My fave is kale, just tip it onto a baking tray, break up any large pieces, spray with 1 cal olive oil & sprinkle with salt or chilli, bake it for 10-15 mins at 170 :-) it's actually very addictive!
  • gabsc1980
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The most filling thing ever... egg drop soup. Someone posted a recipe last week... Boil 2 cups of chicken broth, then drop an egg in (well mixed first), and cook for an extra 2 minutes until the egg is cooked. Delicious and extremely filling for 80 calories, plus it takes a while to eat.

Or a whole roasted cauliflower with 1 tsp of olive oil.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You can eat a lot of cucumbers for a 100 calories. Tomorrow I am going to eat around 500 grams of cucumber for 75 calories & then have about 1.5 tablespoon of dressing (Thousand Island lite) for another 75 calories.

You could get PB2 & dip in some celery or carrots.

An apple & PB2.
  • Jeej0
    Jeej0 Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    cucumbers are awesome for snacks!! I use 100g cucumber, half a tomato and 2 tablespoons of unsweetened yoghurt with some salt and pepper and dried herbs.. came to 61 calories and is just what i needed to get me through to dinner time
  • Raykels
    Raykels Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow some fab ideas on here. I'd forgotten about raw veg, shows just how bad my eating habits have gotten!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    A medium banana is only just over 100 calories and is pretty filling, so that's my usual go-to snack - that or cherry tomatoes.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    I am still very new to this, have only been on here for about 40 days, but spend alot of time doing research because i am so new and know so little. Just a few snacks that are under a 100 calories. VANILLA &BANANA SMOOTHIE 1/2 cup of sliced banana,1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt and a handful of ice, blend until smooth. FROZEN GRAPES, WATERMELON SALAD,top 1 cup of spinach with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3/4 cup diced watermelon.COTTAGE CHEESE MELONBOAT, 1 cup melon balls mixed with 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese,SHRIMP COCKTAIL, 8 medium size shrimp boiled and served with 2 tbsp cocktail sauce.CHEEZY POPCORN, toss 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese and a dash of cayenne pepper with 2 cups of freshly popped corn, PISTACHIOS 25 nuts,MEXICAN POTATO,pierce a medium potato and microwave for approx. 5 min. until soft. cut in half and put half in the fridge for another time. top the first half with 1 tbsp salsa, 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt. JUST TO NAME A FEW. Hope this helps
  • deanalea79
    deanalea79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am brand new on here (as of today :) ) so this is all VERY helpful, thank you. I noted some of these things & will be trying them!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    apple
    pudding cup
    Greek yogurt (have sweet flavors like strawberry cheesecake)
    carrots/celery
    small chip bags- packaged in 100 calorie packs
    piece of toast/jelly (I use 40 calorie bread, and apple butter)-- helps with a sweet craving
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    Fresh veg is always the best snack and healthy too - cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes etc. The fibre helps you feel full too.

Beef jerky is one of my other favourite simple snacks that hasn't been mentioned in this thread and is mostly protein. It also contains lots of iron and zinc but also a lot of salt so don't go too hard on it. It also really helps you to feel full because there is a lot of jaw movement needed to eat it.

Popcorn and nuts are also a great snack that are natural and aren't full of fake stuff.