Looking for high protein meal ideas

Options
Anyone have any high protein meal ideas. I am just starting MFP, day 5 and I am looking for meals/recipes that are high in protein, low in carb and full of nutrients and whole foods. I am working out quite a bit so I have increased my daily calorie limit, now I can eat a bit more yummy food :)

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt a lot in meals. Today for lunch was a turkey taco salad, no dressing I use a few ounces of plain greek yogurt and hot salsa to top my salad. Total protein count was 41 grams.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    good call on the salsa! I have to go get some Herdez. Are we talking egg whites Acg67?
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was pressed for for time this morning and saving cals for restaraunt lunch, so I had a quest bar and a half scoop whey blended into coffee. 250 cal 33 grams of protein 25 grams of carbs 17 which are fiber. Not exactly ''whole foods''.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love trout smothered in sliced mushrooms. Taco salad with no chips are low carb and can be high protein. In a pinch for lunch I like canned tuna, canned low sodium black beans and cilantro mixed up then eaten in a leaf of lettuce.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you are going for a high protein meal that meets all three macros and several of your micros try something like this: (Meal total 50g of protein for 665 calories)

4oz Grilled Chicken (8g per oz) and 1/2 an avocado (2g per 100g, and 15g of healthy fat) with a side of quinoa (8 grams per cup), green peas (7.9 grams per cup) and lentils (13 g per 1/4 cup serving.)

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    A big steak. <3
  • jpwoods326
    jpwoods326 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anybody has some ideas on quick and easy protein meals and or snacks, I am lacking about 15% for my daily intake, I have a weird schedule as I have from 7 am to 4:00 pm to eat what I can and back at midnight finish off what I have left to eat night , all ideas would be appreciated
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    jpwoods326 wrote: »
    Anybody has some ideas on quick and easy protein meals and or snacks, I am lacking about 15% for my daily intake, I have a weird schedule as I have from 7 am to 4:00 pm to eat what I can and back at midnight finish off what I have left to eat night , all ideas would be appreciated

Snacks: beef or turkey jerky, mixed nuts or trail mix, hamburger or steak that you cook ahead of time and cut in half for the next two days, bowl of lentils, beans, nuts.

Kale and broccoli have protein.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think chili is an easy and delicious high protein low carb whole ingredient meal. Meat, beans (yes, beans in chili!!), plus vegetables. Plus, it feels so comforting and warm on a cold day.

Otherwise, just fix some type of meat with non-starchy veg sides. Last night we had pork chops w/ roasted cabbage and carrots. It was whole foods, low-carb, packed with nutrition, and had plenty of protein.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    good call on the salsa! I have to go get some Herdez. Are we talking egg whites Acg67?

For most people, dietary cholesterol isn't a huge concern so it's fine to eat the whole egg. But egg whites are lower calorie, so it's your choice whether the yolk is worth it or not.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Chili is great for fiber and protein. And it's healthy.