5'2, 133lbs and in a size 9-10 pant

Options
13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" so a little taller, but also 130ish lbs. I usually wear designer jeans so go by the waist measurements, and 27 usually works for most brands. In department store type of jeans I'm like a 4 or 6.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure why there are people here who are the same height and weight as me but are in smaller pants sizes, but I sure am jealous. I am 5'2 and 126 pounds, and I wear sizes 10 to 12 jeans. Does it have to do with the fact that all my jeans are high rises? Or maybe all my body fat is in my stomach and no where else on my body? I've wondered this for awhile now

High jeans do mean you can't cheat on the waist size. And a bigger waist size can definitely be why a girl isn't at the next size down in pants. I gain weight easily in my midsection, and even with largish hips, it's usually the waist size that does me in when I'm at a higher weight. I change from an apple (rectangle?) to an hourglass, though, at lower weights, so you don't necessarily keep the same body shape all the way through!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why there are people here who are the same height and weight as me but are in smaller pants sizes, but I sure am jealous. I am 5'2 and 126 pounds, and I wear sizes 10 to 12 jeans. Does it have to do with the fact that all my jeans are high rises? Or maybe all my body fat is in my stomach and no where else on my body? I've wondered this for awhile now

Body composition plays a role as well. 126 pounds with 25% body fat vs. 126 lbs with 18% body fat looks very very different.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Your clothing sizes sound so confusing, what are misses and junior? At they for little girls?

@minties82

Juniors jeans are cut slightly different than misses typically. Some brands will only make one cut, but label the jeans with both sizes (8/9 for example). I believe the main difference is misses tend to be cut for curvy figures while juniors tend to have less room for curves. Juniors shirts also tend to be slightly smaller than what you would find in the misses area. I think stores that have Misses and Juniors have them as subcategories of women's clothing.

Edit:
    examples:
    Walmart.com/target.com - Juniors is a subcategory of women's clothing
    Jcpenny.com, Kohl's.com - Juniors is it's own category of clothing. Not women's, but not Girls (which is a subcategory of kids) either.
    Rue21.com - Jeans are labeled with both misses and juniors sizing.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the explanation - I always thought they were referring to children's clothing, now I know better :smiley: