High Intensity Intreval Training (HIIT)

Options
I Finally figured out what HIIT stood for *forhead slap*

Do you recommend any good HIIT workout DVD's? I haven't started intreval training yet, but sounds like something I would be really interested in doing.

Also, what have been your experiences doing HIIT?

Replies

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I don't use DVDs, but I do it when I run. I sprint for 30 seconds then walk for 60 seconds and do about 8 or 10 repetitions. I have also done burpees at home when it was raining...do as many as I can in 30 seconds then pace around to recover. Not the most scientific approach, but I have had very good results with it.

I very quickly built up endurance...I noticed this in about a week. I have also lost weight doing this, but I believe diet is the more important factor in that.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    You can search for HIIT workouts on fitnessblender.com, if you aren't wanting to invest in DVDs right away!

I'm not sure if this is what you're going for, but I have found that 15-20 minutes of HIIT aerobics (like the fitnessblender videos) is the optimal workout, for me, for a temporary boost out of the worst moments of depression. (I am a distance runner, and even my long runs have nothing on short HIIT in this area.)

Fitness-wise, I have used HIIT intervals on the exercise bike to take me from averaging 13-14 mph to 17-18 mph on the actual road. It also makes the gym bike SO much less boring than just pedaling.

The key, of course, is to really really push through the high intensity parts!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love doing HIIT workouts. So far I've done; Insanity, TurboFire, and Focus T25. Just revived Insanity Max 30 in the mail a few minutes and will start that on Mon. Jan. 5'th.