Here I am again...

Options
I know it's so cliche to start a new life style on Jan 1st. However here I am again, I really never gave up or stopped coming on MFP....however I thought I could do this alone, no logging food or exercise, (but I still logged on for the friends I've made)...but I was wrong, as tedious as it is, to weigh food, log everything....it's the only thing that works for me.
I've been here for 3 years, was doing so well, lost over 60 lbs....then my grandmother passed away....then my kids started kindergarten, then holidays.....excuse after excuse. I got on the scale this week and gained back over 20 lbs.....20+ of the lbs I worked so hard to get rid of. Instead of crying and giving up, I'm here to start this over....so anyway....here I am again. Better to get back on the wagon than never to get back on right?

Replies

• Reeree72
    Reeree72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMG, you had to have read my mind!!! I knew my New Year's Resolution was automatically be to go back on my diet with an iron fist. I was here also, about a year ago. Like yourself, I thought that after being so disciplined in the past, that I could go it alone. I stopped logging my foods, exercised only when I felt like it, and occasionally treating myself to some of the foods that I had to stay away from for so long. For the past few months, I have been roller coasting between a 2 to a 7 pound weight gain. Of course, I would go back to dieting and it worked for a while. Initially, I lost 42lbs in 7 months. I weighed myself this morning, and I've gained 10 pounds back! I was so discouraged and determined at the same time. My problem is motivation, but I am determined. Dieting and regular exercise are two words I'm not fond of (lol).
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the wagon, I have been on and off for a long time, but here to stay this time. Found a great "just for today" group that is helping me focus on just getting through each day as the long range picture is so overwhelming! Putting in a friend request to you both. Accept if you wish. Good luck and Happy New Year!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    thanks for the support and friend request! !!
  • ADeveaux123
    Options
    Logging food and exercise, being so organized in relation to controlling my weight has always seemed impossible for me. I too have felt that I could do it myself and there was no need to write anything down. Needless to say it hasn't helped, so here I am and hope that I can get a handle on learning to live right.
  • poocon
    poocon Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Gosh I can not say how many times I have been on and off the wagon. I had lost 44 lbs only to gain it ALL back. My dr is not happy with me and I know things need to change. I lost 6 lbs by just watching my portions in late October and early November and was ready to tackle this, then the holidays hit, so I am back to square one AGAIN! I am hoping this site will help. Although, I am a perfectionist and if I mess up once I get upset with myself and give up. I am trying to change that attitude. Hoping checking in MFP daily will help.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    so many of us in the same boat!! feel free to friend me!!
  • shaynafisher
    shaynafisher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm back on the wagon too! I started last January, lost 35lbs and was happy with where I was. Went back to work in September (from mat leave), Christmas, and boom... 10 lbs are back on. Let's do this!!!