Work, Food, Sleep, Repeate

Hey Everyone,

My Name is Steve and I am 25 years old. Tomorrow is the day I start the T25 program, and i figured a place like this will help me be more accountable if i regularly visit. For the past few years my weight has stayed around 220-230. I've been bulky all my life and have been a hockey player all my life. I've always know i was overweight but it never kept me from being active. I am an HVAC service technician which adds a lot of stress, long hours in attics, crawl spaces, roofs and basements and being behind the wheel. The past winter in PA was extremely brutal and summers are always hard in my line of work . I found my self packing on 50lbs from July 2013 to December 2014 . Sitting at 280 now I actually feel fat. My legs are always sore, i can always hear myself breathing, I do not sleep as well, its even uncomfortable to lace up my work boots, and worst of all i can finally feel the years of goaltending on my hips and knees (I wont stop playing until i physically can not). Like most everyone else I have tried before and quit days in or go great for a while and blow it because of a bad day at work that leads to a fast food binge. I'd like to find some people who are in a similar situation to help stay motivated and accountable for my actions.

Replies

• Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Hey there goalie. I am not in the same situation, but I do sympathize. My son is a hockey player too and I LOOOOVE hockey. We just went to the Winter Classic yesterday! I wish you the best of luck on meeting your goals. If you want an old broad for a friend, feel free to add me. I have been on MFP for about 9 months and have lost about 45 pounds.
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Thanks, only hear true hockey fans use the term broad haha. Great job on losing 45 pounds.

LETS GO FLYERS