Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Low carb green smoothies

Looking for ideas on low carb green smoothies.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Welcome! I think you'll find lots of ideas on here in the smoothie category, many ppl enjoy their smoothies on here. :)
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    Exactly. I'm an avid green smoothie drinker, but how do you make them low carb? They are loaded with carbs bc of the fruit.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    How many carbs are you looking for? Are you doing net carbs or total carbs?
  • MIATravelChick
    MIATravelChick Posts: 4 Member
    I would love someone to find a low carb green smoothie recipe, so far everyone I see or plug into the calculator comes out really high in carbs.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I would love someone to find a low carb green smoothie recipe, so far everyone I see or plug into the calculator comes out really high in carbs.

Fruits and vegetables are mostly carbs. That why I asked OP for clarification. Some people do "net carbs" which means they subtract out any carbs that come from fiber, so that might be doable.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks for your input. I'm trying to keep total carbs around 25 or so. I've been using 1/2 c frozen fruit and using almond milk which only has one carb per cup.