Trouble hitting Daily Calorie Goal?

Options
So I am pretty big and when I am just eating whatever I want, I have no problem eating above and beyond 1000-1200 calories a day (leading to me gaining A LOT of weight). But then whenever I start tracking, be it with MFP or WW, I always end up hitting under my goal when I am consciously trying to eat healthier. I always try to fit in chicken breast, or turkey as my main source of protein, but the Chicken breast fillet's i eat are only 110 calories. Then I usually try to snack on veggies because they have less sugar and fruit is more of a treat/dessert for the day (applesauce or frozen cherries).

Even though I feel MUCH more full than when I was eating junk food, I am having trouble hitting that 1000-1200.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Behold76
    Options
    Try drinking a high protein shake to fill in your calorie intake. I take MHP Up your mass to fill in my calories.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I wish! I am tired of going over mine, it always happens late night.
  • ashleyohsnap
    ashleyohsnap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @stillnot2late‌ I definitely find myself craving more late at night, but I try not to give into those particular cravings because I am usually on the hunt for chocolate. I feel like I am always way above or way below. Its really hard for me to find that happy medium.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    After a few days you'll find it a lot easier to fill up your calories. In the meantime, Peanut Butter!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Never had a problem hitting my calorie goal. :/ Can you eat in moderation? Dark chocolate is pretty good and usually falls under the "healthy" category.

The general suggestions are pb or some other nut butter, full fat milk/cheese/yogurt/cottage cheese, olive oil, butter, nuts, and avocado.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight consistent with lessee than 1000-1200 calories? If not, you're underestimating your intake.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yaaaaasssss peanut butter
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter (dip sliced apples in it!), nuts, cheese, yogurt, use olive and coconut oils in cooking, avocados....my daily goal is 2000 cals and I can hit that no problem, even with all healthy foods. (feel free to creep my diary, it's open, but I've not been the best example over the past few weeks due to the holidays. :smile: )