Treadmill workout suggestions?

Options
I have never owned a treadmill. How often and how long should I be using it?

Replies

• CyndyLeeForFreedom
    CyndyLeeForFreedom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to use it cuz the cold weather has sent me indoors. I couldn't maintain it for more than 6 miles and that's even hard to do. The same distance off the treadmill is much easier. Unfortunately the treadmill is a necessary evil in the bad weather. If you are able to do 3 miles 3 times a week, I think that's really good. I don't know your fitness level so this is a pretty average amount in my opinion.
  • joneechristy
    Options
    I've made it my goal to finish a mile on a 10% incline everyday. I usually do 3/4 of it at around 3mph, and 1/4 of it at around 5mph. It ends up burning about 220 cal, and takes around 20 min. Sometimes I don't do it all at once either. This might seem really easy to some people but I find it challenging as I am very sedentary and out of shape. Motivationally, I find this the easiest way to burn 220 calories on a daily basis. I walk my dog daily too, which puts me over 300 calories/day.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and use my treadmill to help me get my 10K each day. Work it in small doses helps to hit my goal.
  • lubbybutt
    lubbybutt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did some hiit training on it this morning and it made me sick, so I slowed down to 2.5 mp3 on my rests and 3.5 on my hardedt. I'm really out of shape so I plan on increasing my speed as I go.