couch 2 5k

Options
Hi everyone. I have decided to kick of 2015 with couch 2 5k. today i completed day one of week one, and i feel so good, and looking forward to my next outing. i was just wondering if anyone out there has any tips? have you completed it, how do you feel now. How much weight did you lose. Im super excited but i really need some support, please add me, xx

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimmy. I am also starting the year off with C25K!! I love it. I've used it before but have only completed up to the third week. I plan on sticking with it because I want to do some 5k's this year!
  • kimmyisla
    Options
    Aw cool, Well im usually a serial quitter when it comes to exercising, but i dont know? I get a good feeling about this one, and im strangely looking forward to my next outing? Hehe good luck this time hun, you can do it xx
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    So can you. You can feel free to add me.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Get some good shoes and don't go too fast, I did and set myself back 2 weeks from bursitis.
    The program works well though, I ran my first 5k after 3 months and lost almost 40lbs in 6 months tracking calories and running as my only exercise.
  • kimmyisla
    Options
    Woww fester thats awesome and so inspirational! Thats defo the motivation i needed xx
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am working on becoming a runner too and you can add me if you would like. :)
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting fitted for for good shoes. There is also a sticky on the top of this forum that gives some great running advice. Usually on my running days I get very hungry, so I make sure to weigh and log my food as to not mess up what I've been working so hard for.
    Also, go slow..speed comes with time. If you tend to quit things go ahead and sign up for a local 5k race to work towards. Good luck!