Planet Fitness - Black Card - Guests and visiting locations

I attempted to search the boards for the answers to these questions, but I just came across a lot of "yay or nay" posts about Planet Fitness and not anything that directly answered my questions that have so I'm hoping someone can help although I am sure it has been asked somewhere else....

So I work for a company where I travel A LOT. It's all within about 2 hours from my house, but it hasn't been super easy to keep a gym schedule because of the odd schedule. There are Planet Fitness locations in most of the locations that I visit. I heard about the Black Card so I was thinking about signing up at that rate and just going to whichever location was more convenient on that day. However, I am seeing that there is a 10 visit limit on your non-home locations. Does anyone know if that is 10 visits per location or if it 10 visits to any location other than your home gym? To be clear, I want to know if I could go 10 times to Location A and 10 times to Location B in addition to my home location or not?!?!

The other question is about guests - could I have the same guest every day? If my fiance wanted to go with me, could he go as many time as he would like or is there a limit on the number of a times someone can sign in as a guest? Also, can I take guests to the non-home locations or not?

When I google, I am able to find some answers to these questions, but most of them were answered by PF in 2012 so I'm curious if anything has changed...

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    I would call them. Even if someone here answers, you won't know for sure without talking to the company, and it sounds like you need the right answers.

If you need further assistance please call PF World Headquarters at 1-844-880-7180 or Contact Member Services - See more at: http://www.planetfitness.com/member-services-support#sthash.5wcMLt1R.dpuf

But just glancing at the site, it looks like you would get unlimited access to all clubs. I don't see anything about '10 visit limits'?
    http://www.planetfitness.com/membership-types

• CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    I have the black card, cause I love the massage hydrobed, but yes, it is 10 visits per club location. The best answer is above ...ASK them get it in writting if need be. But I was told I could travel go to that gym 10 times if you will be there more than 3 months , they can transfer your membership to that new location, you can do this every 3 months, AS I was to travel every 90 days.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Yea, I emailed them and asked the questions, but I also keep reading all these horror stories about them. I'm not really interested in the "it's not a real gym debate", but with all the other stuff, I was looking for some first hand experience. I'm planning to visit all 4 possible locations prior to signing up.
  • Planet Fitness Black Card Member here. Hello!

I don't travel a lot but my commute requires me to use two separate Clubs (my 'home Club' and a Club closer to home).

This is the explanation I was given when the '10 visits per month' subject came up: you can visit any single Club besides your home club up to 10 times a month. For me, that means that I can go to the Club closer to home up to 10 times a month; which works for me because I go to my home Club twice a week and to the Club closer to home once a week. This rule was similar to the one they had when I was a member of Planet Fitness back when they were starting (2011).

With regards to guests: I have taken my wife with me to my Club closer to home (which, remember, is not my home Club) a few times. She only comes with me once in a while so it has not been an issue so far. Given that Planet Fitness' membership database is shared amongst the different Clubs, they may get on to you if you bring your fiancee as your guest on an ongoing basis. And remember: your fiancee gets to use the machines and the showers and that's it: he does not get to use the massage machines or the tanning units or the rest of the perks.

If you fiancee is going to go with you on an ongoing basis, I think he should pay the $20 and play it safe.
  • thathelenagirl
    thathelenagirl Posts: 24 Member
    I bring my boyfriend every single time I go to Planet Fitness and I've never had a problem. They just take down his information, but he's never been contacted regarding joining because he's my guest.
  • casg01
    casg01 Posts: 7
    I have the black card and when I signed up they told me it was 10 times per month outside of home club. Not sure about the guests rule, though.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    I have been a member for 2 years and you can bring the same person as a guest and it does not matter which location, that comes down to the basic card which limits you to your home location only with no guests. The only thing that I found restricted with the black card and bringing a guest is that they cannot use the tanning machines, massage chairs/tables, or sign up for "design your own". Basically comes down to: they can use the gym and take the classes, but extras aren't included.
  • It always help to go to the source. When I signed up, no one mentioned the 10 club visit. I was just told I could go to any club. With regards to the guest, I would bring a guest almost every time (Friend, son, daughter etc.) and it was never a problem. Like mentioned above, we just had to sign in every time.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    It seems to me, that if you pay a membership fee, you should be able to visit ANY club, ANY time. When I was a member of the local YMCA that was their policy.....and this is just my opinion. Hope you get it figured out!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    I'm pretty sure that rule is 10 visits per location that is not your "home gym" though I think some locations follow that rule stricter than others. My friend has used the one closest to my house which isn't his home gym more than 10 times in a month and they've never said anything. You can bring unlimited guests (can be the same person) for free but only to your home gym location. You might be able to bring them to a non home location for a fee ($5 perhaps)? I'm not sure about that part though.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    You should inquire at your home location although this is what I found on the website with regards to the differences in "plans": "Reciprocal use of all PF Franchise Locations". There was no special note that stated limited to 10 visits/month but again, check with your location.

With regards to the guest, you can bring your guest as many times as you wish. My husband has the Black Card and I go as his guest every day. You just sign in for liability reasons. They know us both there so unless it's someone new -- or the day manager is there -- I don't have to sign in. I've also "snuck in" and used his membership while he was away. No one said anything to me about it. Also, you CAN bring your guest to a non-home gym. We went to a PF in another state and all I had to do was sign in. Also, it's only ONE guest per member. We found that out when we brought someone else along with us. The guy at the desk was cool and just made up a membership number to fill out on the sheet.
  • vonveganstein
    vonveganstein Posts: 24 Member
    so is there really a 10 visit limit? I see nothing stated about that on their website? thinking of joining
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    edited December 2017
    If a PF membership is only $10.00, why not just join at a couple different locations?

and oh yeah.....

No Planet Fitness thread is complete without this:

planett-fitness-tootsie-rolls2.jpg

( sorry )
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Zombie thread alert! The info in the thread is from 2015 - chances are things have been updated since then, so I would go by the what's on the current website, or call if they're not clear.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    Zombie thread alert! The info in the thread is from 2015 - chances are things have been updated since then, so I would go by the what's on the current website, or call if they're not clear.

2015 ?

Drat.

.... doest that mean I can't post a Planet Fitness Pizza Meme ??
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »

2015 ?

Drat.

.... doest that mean I can't post a Planet Fitness Pizza Meme ??

In my opinion, there is no expiration date on PF pizza memes. Carry on.
  • rdritter308
    rdritter308 Posts: 1 Member
    Im curious about all the questions about Black Card limitations. It is 10 visits per any other location beside your home location per month. The part I find amazing is why all these questions are on this forum. Doesn't it seem strange to anyone that Planet Fitness does not tell you these limitations when you sign up and its literally nowhere on they're web site. believe me I have checked. Sick way to make extra fees from uninformed users that go over these limitations and are refused access or charged more for a service you are already paying more for. This may be petty to some by I absolutely hate being deceived and they are blatantly doing it to all Black card members. I have nothing else bad to say about these clubs. It serves my purpose very well, just want to know ALL the facts up front. Word to the wise Planet Fitness. Be up front with your customers!!!!!
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    3pi9a6uhmxqx.jpg
  • prayplanthendo
    prayplanthendo Posts: 1 Member
    I contacted a Planet Fitness Franchise. The answer is that you are allowed to visit any Planet Fitness location (with a Black Card) that is not your "home gym" 10x in a calendar month. Anything over that will incur a per visit franchise fee from the gym you go to on the 11th to Xth time that month. For example: if you live in a city with 3 PF's, you can sign up at one and use the other 2 gyms 10x each, each month without incurring any fees.

I believe the idea is to keep people from signing up at one and just moving or going somewhere else and using another gyms facilities without transferring membership (which you can do after 90 days with your home gym).