Recs for a healthy/low cal foods to eat on the go? Sometimes I can't leave my desk at work

Options
I need something that can fill me up for a while. Sometimes I am so busy at work I can't take a sit down break for a while

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Protein bars or shakes
    Veggies cut long ways with cheese sticks
    A piece of fruit and a serving of nuts

Portable snacks :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds & dark chocolate, sliced apples dipped in peanut butter, baby carrots/sugar snap peas/red bell peppers with hummus, cheese sticks (also good with the apples).....and there's always wraps and sandwiches. I like to make a sandwich with half the bread and all the meat - just use one slice cut in half and stack it high with meat and cheese, lettuce & tomato, pickles, avocado, whatever you like. Or if you have the cals, use two slices. Hummus also makes a nice sandwich spread if you're not a fan of mayo.
  • addie8910
    addie8910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For a snack I like the 34 degree crisps either plain or dipped in hummus though you could always do them with cheese too. They're really crispy which I find satisfying.

Otherwise if you really need something filling my go to is a simple ham & swiss or ham & cheddar sandwich, usually with mustard.