Fitbit?

Options
msallymae
msallymae Posts: 112 Member
I am currently in Graduate school and I cannot afford to just throw away 100$. Is the Fitbit worth getting? Or is there another device that is better? I would like some feedback because I am very interested in buying one. Thanks.

Replies

• Wild_Hare
    Wild_Hare Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One since January and absolutely love it! For me it really keeps me mindful of my activity level throughout the day. I also tend to have a rather competitive nature so it keeps me really motivated to stay at the top of the leader boards. I consider the Fitbit money well spent!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i do like my fitbit one. i also like the competition, and being able to sync with my phone and MFP and checking my stats... but i got it as a gift - so i did not spend the money on it.

i would have, though.

anyway, there are other, more simplistic options while you are saving. There are a number of smartphone pedometer apps. They aren't quite as accurate, but they are adequate as you begin to track your movement. then there are old fashioned pedometers, which some places just give away
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have a Bodymedia and love it!
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i have looked into it for a while, and i think i love it. i just havent had the money to get it yet. but i would totally get it. when i get the money.

I think its far worth every pennies. <3
    again if you arent satisfy you can always return it within 30 days i believe?
    and get your money back.

so either way its a win win deal.
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit (I have the Fitbit One). I find it really motivating...I definitely work on moving more because of it. I personally prefer the One to the Flex, as it measures floors climbed. Also -- I have hear some bad things about the Flex's accuracy -- just FYI (in case you were deciding between the two). :)
  • dimplz369
    dimplz369 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One since January and absolutely love it! For me it really keeps me mindful of my activity level throughout the day. I also tend to have a rather competitive nature so it keeps me really motivated to stay at the top of the leader boards. I consider the Fitbit money well spent!

^^^Same! I know 4 or 5 of my friends that have gotten it once they see how great it works and how much I love it.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my fitbit! I wear it everyday. It really does remind you to move. I always make sure I get in at least 10,000 steps. Well worth the money.
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It seems all of us Fitbit users are on the same page. LOVE my Fitbit One. I got it last November. I love the way it's easy to wear, syncs with MFP so that activity is logged automatically. It keeps me cognizent of my calories burned (1/2 of the equation needed to lose weight).

If I lost my Fitbit One today, I think I'd be at the store tonight buying another one.

This was a great review comparing various solutions out there.
    http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit one, it's the best motivator I have! There is a "zip" version you can buy a bit cheaper. Zip does not track sleep patterns Target sometimes puts the zip it on sale, or I know I got mine using a groupon type discount for the Brookstone Stores.

My daughter, her friends, my sister, and some MFP friends have all invested in one of the styles. I don't have a smart phone, so I can only sync it when home, but I totally recommend.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Have it, love it, use it every day. But know what you're getting: It is NOT a heart rate monitor. It's a souped up pedometer that links to MFP. It tracks steps, calories, floors climbed, and sleep quality. You can link it to other social network sites, or find others on fitbit to compete with if you like the gaming aspects. You get weekly status reports... lots of great info.

LOVE IT.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm on a pretty tight budget myself so I know what its like to feel like you're throwing away $100 on a gadget but trust me the Fitbit is worth it! I have the FB One and love it. its super motivating and easy to use. Initially I was shocked at how little walking I was doing. Now if I don't get my 10000 steps a day I'm totally bummed. I often find myself hopping on the treadmill at night to get the steps in and I would never do that before. 100% worth it IMO
  • dianaejennings
    dianaejennings Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit zip for about a month and it's my best friend.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I have the cheaper zip (60$) and I love this little thing!

I may upgrade to the one, but not yet...i'm content with my little pink fitness buddy
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    do you NEED a fitbit? It is, after all only a measure of everyday activity and sleeping patterns. If you don't have one, and money is tight, I think you might get more bang for your buck by investing in a heart rate monitor...unless, of course, you want a more generic overview of your activity levels.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I started out with a Fitbit Ultra a year ago and now have a One and I love it. I loved the Ultra too; I only upgraded to the One because my Ultra was acting wonky and Fitbit replaced it with a One (they have AMAZING customer service).

I have found that since I got my Ultra a year ago I am more aware of how much or how little I am moving. It is an awesome motivator! I also think it gives a better picture of what my TDEE is and what I really should be eating to lose.
  • 17forbes
    17forbes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i have just bought the fitbit one, but am confused as to the negative adjustment on my exercise stats. Can anyone explain it to me.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 HRM myself - was debating between that and a fitbit, but I heard the fitbit isn't great for gym accuracy and that's what I was really curious about measuring. I still may get a fitbit in the future but for now I'm loving the HRM! :)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have been on the fence about getting one... how accurate is the calorie burned?
  • kimlevin
    kimlevin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also love my Fitbit! I have the Ultra, which is the model before the One. A lot of people complained that it is easy to lose - and I can see why - It fell off my waistband a few times and I bought a "pedometer leash" for $2. I think the Flex looks really cool, but I started clipping my Fitbit to my bra so I don't end up even thinking about it during the day. (except to check it now and then) It's a great motivator!
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have one of the older models - the Fitbit Ultra - compares to the Fitbit One. Absolutely best $$ I have spent. Keeps me accountable and I am more aware of how active I am. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I wear it every single day.