Slim legs

Mariianacecy
Mariianacecy Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! I want to know if there is a way to make my upper legs skinnier, I've been doing a lot of cardio, I run everyday, I jump the rope twice a week, and I roller skate 3 days a week, and I have lost weight and I can see my stomach is getting smaller, and thats cool, but my legs are the same size.

Thank you for your help :D

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    You cannot spot reduce. The weight falls off where the weight falls off.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Nope. You can't spot reduce. You'll eventually see slimmer legs simply by continuing to reduce body fat - EVENTUALLY. It will come off, if you stick with it long enough. The "when" will be mostly determined by genetics.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    have you measured your legs? Are you sure they aren't getting smaller? how much weight have you lost?

I have naturally big thighs. I'm pretty sure they are smaller now after losing 34 pounds, but my eyes tell me differently. They still look big to me. I'm guessing that if I measured them before and after, they are probably smaller though.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Thats a lot of cardio.

Add some strength training and you'll see your running and skating improve.

Squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Once I started lifting consistently, I saw improvement in my running and skiing
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    You can't spot reduce. And genetics come into play to. But as fat cells shrink they'll get smaller. Muscles will help them not look flabby. I think I lost 2 inches altogehter, but I only measured from an inch bigger than now. ;-) And I have a western European physical make-up, so I tend towards muscular
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    You, me and almost every woman in the world...we all want to know how to make our thighs smaller.

Run, swim, do the weights. And ask God REALLY NICELY. :)
  • Aviva92
    yeah, build muscles in them by lifting and they will look good even if they aren't small. if you don't build muscles in them, they will always look sort of meh in my experience.
  • Aviva92 wrote: »
    have you measured your legs? Are you sure they aren't getting smaller? how much weight have you lost?

I have naturally big thighs. I'm pretty sure they are smaller now after losing 34 pounds, but my eyes tell me differently. They still look big to me. I'm guessing that if I measured them before and after, they are probably smaller though.

I haven't measured my legs, but I see my jeans are bigger in my waist, but i feel the jeans in my thights just feel the same.

I have lost 5 kilos so far, which is like 11 pounds.

maybe they are smaller and I haven't noticed, thanks :D I'll be patient
  • 603reader wrote: »
    Thats a lot of cardio.

Add some strength training and you'll see your running and skating improve.

Squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Once I started lifting consistently, I saw improvement in my running and skiing

Thank you! I will try some squats and lunges :D
  • Thank you to you all guys! I will be patient and I'll start doing some strength training :smile:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Like others have said, you can't choose where the weight comes off. I lost my first 7 lbs from my upper body, then the lower body started to catch up. I was in XS shirts way before I went down to my smallest pants size. Keep up with your cardio and calorie deficit, add in some strength. Just stick with it!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Nope, no spot reducing. (Unfortunately! ) I have the opposite issue--thin legs but stomach is slow to go.
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Aviva92 wrote: »

I haven't measured my legs, but I see my jeans are bigger in my waist, but i feel the jeans in my thights just feel the same.

I have lost 5 kilos so far, which is like 11 pounds.

maybe they are smaller and I haven't noticed, thanks :D I'll be patient

aaaah, maybe not, but i'd way rather lose stomach fat than leg fat anyway. eventually, you will probably lose weight in your legs regardless. stomach fat is linked to more health risks than leg fat, so this seems ideal to me.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    My legs looked "slim" (no obvious cellulite or whatever) for the first time in my life when I was at a bmi of 19. But I can't say they looked firm. At the time, I mainly did cardio / light "metabolic" , bodyweight workouts, not much heavy heavy lifting, which I think you should do if you can.