Sederatary or lightly active?

Options
2»

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Sedendary:

"A sedentary lifestyle is a type of lifestyle with no or irregular physical activity. A person who lives a sedentary lifestyle may colloquially be known as a couch potato. It is commonly found in both the developed and developing world. Sedentary activities include sitting, reading, watching television, playing video games, and computer use for much of the day with little or no vigorous physical exercise" Wikipedia

a : doing or requiring much sitting <a sedentary job>
    b : not physically active <a sedentary lifestyle> Merriam Webster dictionary

1. Characterized by or requiring much sitting
    2. Accustomed to sitting or to taking little exercise. freedictionary.com
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Lightly active is probably fine.

I notice MFP underestimates my calorie burn, although I stand for most of the day with workouts on the side.
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    You're post sounds exactly like something I wrote when I first started. What I did was put it at sedentary and did that for a few weeks, maybe a month. I saw I was losing more than what MFP said I would (according to their calculations),so I put it to lightly active. Now, I have more calories and I find that I am not overeating as much anymore because my body is more satisfied and less deprived.