I guess I gotta stop drinking beer if I want to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• ejcanavan
    ejcanavan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I changed to light beer but I also changed to a low carb diet. Once I was doing lower carbs it didn't take a whole lot to feel the effects. I agree with others though that if you don't like light beers find a nice stout or dark amber that can be a little thicker and pace yourself.
    My doctor understood I was human and that I drink socially, maybe 2-3 times a month. She told me if I planned to drink that day to make my lunch my higher calorie meal and eat light for dinner and save the calories for the beer ... essentially drinking my dinner.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Here's a good article on alcohol and fat loss, and how it can be done:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Whatever you drink you need to log it ...if it has calories you log it

Stick your baby in a stroller and go for a long walk every evening to increase activity - get a fitbit or similar to track what you actually do
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    gostumpy wrote: »
    This is a real sore spot for me... I can log all I want, and am pretty good for the week, some days over, some days under...

Drink less or eat less or abandon the idea of losing weight.

Your choice to determine that which is most important to you.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well I am two weeks in, and I have cut down my drinking drastically, which has helped both with weight loss and money savings... Tonight was drinking night, so I had a big lunch, and skipped dinner.. had 4 beers total for the day, and I am only over my goal by 200 calories, so still well in the deficit.

SUCCESS!
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    newmillerlitecan_fullsize_story1.jpg
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    never mind lol
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Congrats :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    gostumpy wrote: »
    Well I am two weeks in, and I have cut down my drinking drastically, which has helped both with weight loss and money savings... Tonight was drinking night, so I had a big lunch, and skipped dinner.. had 4 beers total for the day, and I am only over my goal by 200 calories, so still well in the deficit.

SUCCESS!

Congrats on the alcohol cutback and the calorie success! :)