I HOPE THIS YEAR, I CAN REALLY LOSE THE EXTRA WEIGHT AND LEARN NEW EATING HABITS.

Hi! I'm Mary and I have gained over 40 pounds in the last 9 years. I love to eat, but am so tired of seeing myself in photos... I cannot believe how much different I look since 2006, when I got married. It seems encouraging to see others' posts and success and cries for victory... I am thinking that I'd like to try MFP!! You can't lose for trying.

I just joined Medical Weight Loss Clinic a couple months ago and last about 10 days, and dropped about $300 and NO weight! Don't want to do that again. : /

Good to take a step and introduce myself, and thanks to all of you who are reaching out and sharing your journey ..... On to a better life!! : ))

MM

Replies

• gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    You can definitely lose the weight if you eat right, watch your macros, watch your calories, and stick with it.
  • Macros? .. Sorry trying to learn lol :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Macros? .. Sorry trying to learn lol :)

Macros are nutrients that the body needs in large amounts (hence the word "macro" as opposed to "micro") such as fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    marysole wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Mary and I have gained over 40 pounds in the last 9 years. I love to eat, but am so tired of seeing myself in photos... I cannot believe how much different I look since 2006, when I got married. It seems encouraging to see others' posts and success and cries for victory... I am thinking that I'd like to try MFP!! You can't lose for trying.

I just joined Medical Weight Loss Clinic a couple months ago and last about 10 days, and dropped about $300 and NO weight! Don't want to do that again. : /

Good to take a step and introduce myself, and thanks to all of you who are reaching out and sharing your journey ..... On to a better life!! : ))

MM

My best advice is log everything you eat. Every day. Don't fudge the numbers, don't skip things to make yourself feel better. Even if you consistently go over your calorie goals at first, logging every day will help you see trends in your eating that you may not have noticed before. Then you can slowly tweak and make adjustments accordingly.

Also, I sincerely hope you are not trying to get by on the typical MyFitnessPal 1,200 calorie a day goal. This is far too little for the vast majority of people trying to lose weight. Go to this site:

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Enter your info, and click "calculate". Subtract 20% from the number it gives you, and make that number your calorie goal.