De-Lurking - Yikes!

Options
I'm not terribly new to MFP or these boards, but I decided to finally put myself out there and say hello. People around me know that I'm "trying to do better" with food choices and exercising, but normally, I'm pretty private about weight loss. I know that I need to be accountable to someone other than myself, though, and I'm hoping this will be the thing to keep me on track. I'm just getting started on this journey (Jan '13), and the support here seems so wonderful. Look forward to meeting some new people with the same goals.

Some great playlist suggestions would be fantastic as well... the treadmill would be impossible without good tunes!

:)

Replies

• candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What type of music do you like? I have a few songs that I'm obsessed with
  • jschaberick
    jschaberick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New here and just sent you a friends request. Rhianna (especially S&M and Only Girl) are two of my favs for workout playlists :)
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Alternative / Indie / Rock are my faves.. I hate to admit it, but I always gravitate to Top 40 on the treadmill.. I'm pretty open to suggestions of any kind, though.
  • candifeola
    Options
    hahaha I'm a top 40 runner myself there's a reason those beats are so catchy.... Zedd Clarity The Heist- Can't hold us Flo Rida-Wild ones Ludacris Taio Cruz & David Guetta- little bad girl Sia-Titanium Train-50 ways to say goodbye the killers-mr.brightside Matisse-better than her Prodigy-firestarter Hope that helps a bit
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Try any Imagine Dragons on your playlist?
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hey! I listen to Classic Rock mostly...except I added the theme from Rocky to my playlist recently and it has made a huge difference in my workout. Feel free to add me, new friends welcome always...:)
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Titanium is a song that I always end up putting on towards the end. Really gets me going again. I will def check out the others!

Love Imagine Dragons!

I'll have to try the Rocky theme. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I tend to obsess over the music part of it, because it's such a major motivational tool for me.

Do you guys create your own playlists or use something like 8tracks? Spotify?
  • candifeola
    Options
    I used to use songza and pandora honestly then I found enough songs I loved to create a playlist...I realized any song I really wanted to dance to I would run really well to.