Search for Food - Do members recipes show up in the search?

We are having spag. bol. for dinner tonight. DH has made the meat sauce quite healthily but he/I don't know exactly the quantities of ingredients he used. We took some meat out for making burgers so its all a bit hit or miss.
In Search for Food - Spag. Bol. - there is Renee's Spaghetti, Ed's Spag., Alisons etc., etc.,
How do I know if their recipe is similar to mine or just guesstimate?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    edited January 2015
    Members can opt to submit their recipes. I would not trust them, since you do not know their brands or amounts of the ingredients used, or how much each of their servings came out to.

Estimate your own recipe for now, but in the future you can use a food scale and the recipe builder to make your own version.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Estimate based on how much meat you probably used and so on. Then put it into the recipe builder next time.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Members can opt to submit their recipes. I would not trust them, since you do not know their brands or amounts of the ingredients used, or how much each of their servings came out to.

Estimate your own recipe for now, but in the future you can use a food scale and the recipe builder to make your own version.
    Can users still submit their recipes? I know we used to be able to but I haven't had that option available for quite some time now (not that I ever used it because what a fekking pain in the *kitten*). I thought they did away with it with the "upgrade?"
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    You can't know. You have to use the recipe builder to be accurate (something my husband hates doing, so yeah, I hear you). For now I'd just ask him what he put in it and try to guess what entry is the closest.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Phrick wrote: »

Can users still submit their recipes? I know we used to be able to but I haven't had that option available for quite some time now (not that I ever used it because what a fekking pain in the *kitten*). I thought they did away with it with the "upgrade?"

I personally have been prompted recently to do so. I think it's still a feature here on the website. I never submit them though, for the reason I mentioned above, lol.