success?

Options
meganjcallaghan
meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
Well, after exactly 365 days logging in to MFP I'm going to break my streak....specifically because on Monday morning I'll finally be giving my Dad a kidney which was the whole reason I decided to go from 310 pounds to the 136 I am today. I don't know that I'm a total success story being that I was happier with myself when I was big than I am now, but I met the goal I set out to meet and am getting to follow through on the reason for it. So...semi-successful, yes? Sometimes you just have to take what you can get and be grateful for it.

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Wow! On both (weight & kidney) accounts!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    congratulations! Good luck to you and your Dad for the surgery and wish you both a speedy recovery.
  • mmw67
    mmw67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a fantastic acheivement! You certainly should be very proud!
    Good luck to both yourself & your Dad, on the forthcoming operations!
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations on all your hard work and good luck to you and your Dad tomorrow. What a wonderful story and a great inspiration xx
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :o honey don't know what's going in your life that's doesn't makes you as happy as u were before but i hope it gets better and that you realize that what you've just accomplish and for the reason that you did it is unbelievable freaking awesome :# !! #congratulations
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    You were happier fat? Hmmm! That's gotta be the first time I've ever heard someone say that........

Good luck with the op. I hope you and your Dad can live a fit and healthy life. All the best :D
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wish you and your father both a speedy recovery. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was too much, too soon, but I hope in time you will find your own "feel good" weight range. Even if it is a little bit higher than it is now :) Congratulation on getting to goal weight :)
    All the best for the surgery for both of you :)
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both you and your Dad! I'd guess some of what you're feeling is from the anxiety & stress that must come before an experience like donating a kidney & concern for your father. Perhaps after, you'll be able to reflect & realize what an amazing accomplishment this was - to commit to a long-term fitness goal & succeed in prepping your body for a serious surgery. It's an impressive feat & I'm wowed!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah, i'll never feel "good" about myself with this excess skin. Its been about a year with it now and you don't get "used to it" or stop caring as much like people tell you (at least I don't). And i'll never be able to afford removing it. I have to wear more clothing now than I ever did before which is quite uncomfortable in the summer. Don't even get me started on bathing suits.....wouldn't be caught dead in one, which is just as well because i sink like a stone and can't swim anymore. I was a far more confident and happy person when I was fat. I actually liked myself. That hasn't been the case for me since about 185 pounds but with 1 kidney I can't afford to be overweight because of my genetic propensity for diabetes (thats what put my dad in this position in the first place) and the increased blood pressure this is going to give me. Oh well. Such is life I guess.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    you should not loose your streak, let the administrators know why and they can reset for you. well done and wishing you and dad all the best
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Wow. Best of luck for you and your dad. Speedy recovery!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You will be able to re-set your streak yourself. I missed one day (after a genuine streak of 1000+ days) and was able to fix it myself. Although I can't remember how -- I'll have a look for you.

EDIT: You re-set your streak here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I looked at your pictures and you are BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your weight loss. Makes me sad to read that you are not happy.....I know that this must sound weird as I don't know you. I hope once your dad starts to get healthier with your kidney that you will finally be able to feel the joy of all your efforts.
  • tesa2984
    tesa2984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I hope you find a place where you can be happy and depending on your insurance, you might be able to get the skin removal surgery covered. At least partially. Good luck with the surgery and I hope you and your dad have a speedy recovery.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thing you are doing for your father. Good luck with everything. You look amazing, btw. Hope 2015 brings you happiness and health.
  • the8BitGirl
    the8BitGirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your Dad must feel so incredibly proud and cherished that you worked so hard to give him this wonderful gift. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you both! :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Positive thoughts your way for the operation to go well for both you and your father. What a wonderful gift.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    That is so great!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!