hello everyone

Options
Does anyone have that problem that their weight fluctuates and u gain a pound in a week and lose it the next week

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yes, it happens, for various reasons. If you are exercising, your muscles might be holding on to water to repair themselves. Or, if you ate a lot of sodium, you will have water retention. That time of the month. Maybe you are constipated. It is not usually a pound of fat playing tag with the scale.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem, it's normal. Body weight naturally fluctuates. For some people the weight can go up or down as much as 5lbs. Track your maintenance over several months - it should all even out..
  • zuly886
    zuly886 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks yes is confusing sometimes i weight mysels once a week and i do it in the morning before eating and that happens to me
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal. Don't obsess over it. It's normal for the human body to do that.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Yes. Usually it's durning that awful TOM.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    The human body is something like over 60% water so yes body weight will flux & is perfectly normal.

Sometime all it takes is a tall glass of water to add a pound or two ... especially around the menstrual cycle. That is why it is important to always weight at the same time of day, same frequency, & same clothing (or lack their of).

Some people will flux 1-2 lbs while others will flux 2-5 lbs so depending on your normal flux range definitely make a mental note of what is beyond your personal flux range in order to differentiate between normal flux and actual wt gain.

Regardless in your case I don't think its anything to fret over in maintaining phase.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! and its completely normal, its a matter of getting to know your body and how your fluctuations happen. I fluctuate by 2lbs in any week depending on what foods I've eaten, TOM or toilet issues!