Low Carb

Options
Happy sunday morning mfp ppl :D Do any of you follow a low carb lifestyle? If so please add me. If not please add me. I'm starting tomorrow and am fairly stupid on the whole process,lol.

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Do some research, don't ask on forums you will get allot of opinions when you want facts.

There is a book called "Alpha Male 2.0 by John Romaniello, it explains hormones and re-feeds in a very understandable way. I don't think it is the best but the principles are great.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    There are a million variations of what someone means when they say low carb.
    This is one version.

Limit this: bread, pasta, pizza, rice, corn, potatoes, cereal, fruit

Eat this: beef, pork, chicken, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans, seeds

Eat lots of this: broccoli, swiss chard, kale, cucumbers, spinach, romaine, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, avocados, okra, cauliflower, bell peppers, snow peas, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, winter squash, brussels sprouts
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Google I Breathe, I'm Hungry. Great low carb recipes. Most of them also happen to be Gluten Free.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    foutzt wrote: »
    Happy sunday morning mfp ppl :D Do any of you follow a low carb lifestyle? If so please add me. If not please add me. I'm starting tomorrow and am fairly stupid on the whole process,lol.

Just realize, its a eating protocol and not some special way to "hack" the body into losing weight better than anything else. Weight loss is purely calories in vs calories out. So follow whatever protocol you can better adhere to that suits your goals (whether that be low carb, intermittent fasting, IIFYM, Paleo, etc...). If that's low carb for now, then by all means, go for it. Later on, your goals might change and thus, your eating protocol might need to change to fit those goals.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    As all mentioned above. If you can maintain a low-carb LIFESTYLE .... for yourself.... and your family.... then go for it & good for you. But like I said.... make it a LIFESTYLE.... not some yo-yo diet you go on every few months to shed some lbs.

Personally, I'm married and have a daughter on the way so I have to accustom meals to my wife's liking. The only meals I get free play with with my breakfast and lunch since I work from 5am - 11am then the rest of my hours at home. I avoid all carb for breakfast and lunch and go carb crazy AFTER my workout and at dinner. This work amazingly for me since I don't feel bloated lifting and it gives me more energy (believe it or not). And I also really enjoy snacking late at night while catching up on Breaking Bad and watching new movies.