I feel like I'm eating ALL the time

Options
I gave up simple carbohydrates (sugar, soda, candy, cookies, etc), as well as most dairy products (cheese) except for low-fat milk. I didn't really like cheese anyways.

But I feel like I'm eating ALL the time to get enough calories. I know this question of "should I eat all my calories" comes up often on this board. I've seen answers such as eat only when you're hungry. Or yes, eat all your calories. I guess I'm doing this by nutritional content. If I have reached nutritional goals but am under calories and not hungry...there's no need to eat further.

Can someone look at my diary entry for today and let me know what they think? I work evening shifts at a grocery store so it's a struggle to eat a nutritious meal in a 15 minute break. I had a dream that I was being force-fed buckets of salad. Turns out that there is some truth in that.

Happy to be back to MFP again though. I lost 20 pounds on it a few years ago, but with medication changes and hospitalizations I gained it back plus more. MFP works if you stick to it :)

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    What are your "nutritional goals"? What is "nutritional content"? Vitamin etc goals are completely arbitrary unless you have specific doctor-set goals that you've inputted. Which is not at all related to weight management, so monitor caloric/macro intake for weight management. And why would you give up tasty food? Unless you just don't like how cookies taste there is no reason to omit them. Also, you haven't actually given up sugar. Cream cheese, taco shells, anything with carbs... has sugar.

Are you weighing your food? How do you know your apple was medium? I have a bag of apples and I'm betting each weighs differently, and some are much larger. You are using generic recipes. Create your own recipes, don't use random crap from the database.