sports bra for big girls...Help!

I am just getting started on my weight loss journey and need help finding a supportive sports bra to wear while exercising. I have tried a couple, but have had no luck. I am 5'7, currently weigh 250 pounds and wear a 40 D bra. Thanks for your suggestions!

Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    I like Enell and Moving Comfort; they're very supportive.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    You should use the search function, there's a few good recent threads on this topic.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    edited January 2015
    I wear my regular bra and wear a tight sports bra (fabric with no underwire in it sort of like a body shaper)over it to keep everything in place. They have a 3pack at walmart for less than $10.
    I am 5'6.5" weigh 260 and wear a 40C.
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    The best place I have found for bra's for big people ( 40 G here) is on Herroom.com. They help you find the right bra style for you, and have a huge selection.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    I went to a corset shop. Treated myself to 3 new bras and an exercise bra. Best $250.00 I have ever spent. I feel and look better in my clothes. The fitness bra a Godsend. I highly recommend you invest in a good/fitted bra. o:)
  • lawlifehanna
    lawlifehanna Posts: 90 Member

Agreed. Shock Absorber is hands down the best I've tried, especially if you have a lot that needs to be held in place (G cup right here).
  • BethMarieVA
    BethMarieVA Posts: 64 Member
    Thank you all so much! Got a lot of good ideas going here, can't wait to try some of them!
  • margaretclaypool
    margaretclaypool Posts: 2 Member
    I *really* love my Enell bra. Expensive and ugly, and I *gladly* bought a new one when I lost weight and needed a smaller size. Seriously, it's the only bra I've ever tried that makes bouncing during jogging and equestrian activities a non-issue. :smile:
  • westcoastchic
    westcoastchic Posts: 22 Member
    The shock absorber is my favourite too(GG cup). I have had a few moving comforts that I've liked as well. Go somewhere where you can try a bunch on and jump up and down in the change room. Good luck !
  • I've bought some great sports bras at Lane Bryant. I'm a 44 D and they've worked very well with keeping the girls still while at the gym.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Lane Bryant. Their Cacique line. Fantastic.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Enell all the way. for smaller big girls (i'm like, huge.. my sister however is just big LOL) shock absorbers seem pretty popular.
  • FrancesscaD
    FrancesscaD Posts: 3 Member
    I use the Panache sports bra( underwire) .They have wireless also. I have not used the wireless. I think the bra gives great support. I am 5'9, 230 and wear 38H. It really minimizes bounce for me. Herroom.com is great.
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2015
    I *really* love my Enell bra. Expensive and ugly, and I *gladly* bought a new one when I lost weight and needed a smaller size. Seriously, it's the only bra I've ever tried that makes bouncing during jogging and equestrian activities a non-issue. :smile:

Yup. I had F cups between weight gain and breastfeeding and bought a size 4. I'm now down to a DD and it's getting pretty loose but still does the job better than my Under Armour one. They're expensive but what else can ya do. (By the way double bra-ing it didn't work for me).
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I really like my Enell too, but the front hooks do interfere with a heart monitor.
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2015
    I really like my Enell too, but the front hooks do interfere with a heart monitor.
    I use a HRM with a band and just put it under the bottom band of my bra with no issues.
  • scoutzmcgyver
    scoutzmcgyver Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    I like the Champion "All Out Support II". It incredibly comfortable and relatively inexpensive compared to many maximum support styles/brands. I'm a 40DD.
  • I like Moving Comfort Jubralee. It works by compressing the girls, giving you a uniboob look, but is super comfortable and nothing moves ever. I am wire averse. 44DD.
  • karebearthewriter
    karebearthewriter Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Here is the site I get all of mine off of! www.barenecessities.com

I've had my current one for about 5-6 months, and it's still awesome. Their sizes are such a great selection too!