Gym help?

Options
Hey there! So, I just got a Golds Gym membership, and I'm very excited, however, I have NO IDEA what to do. I mean, I can operate a treadmill and the simple stuff, but I really don't know how to use all these intimidating machines. I did get one free training session, but the guy was a little...strange...lol, and also didn't show me how to use any of the machines, or what kind of routine to get into. Does anyone out there have any helpful advice? :) Thank you!

Replies

• kelli702
    kelli702 Posts: 8
    Options
    Does the gym location you go to have any female trainers you could schedule a meeting with? I had the same problem with the person I met with before I started Insanity. I think he just assumed I had a decent understanding of what he was talking about and I probably sat there with a blank stare on my face the whole time. I requested a female trainer the second time and that made a huge difference. Try it out!
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    It might be worth talking to a manager and asking for another free session. Or at least a 30 minute session. Explain to the manager that you thought the trainer did a nice job of [insert whatever he did that was nice], but that you really need someone to show you the machines and provide some suggestions on creating a circuit type program for you to try. You can probably add that you're considering getting a trainer for when you get comfortable.

It might be worth calling before going to the gym, so that maybe someone can schedule a time (maybe with the manager him or herself!) to meet with you.

It's a bummer that you didn't get a good feel for what to do. Whatever you decide to do, good luck! I've heard a lot of good things about Golds gyms.